Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Food for Thought

A new addition to my blog...I'll call it Food for Thought. Why? Because I choose to! Just kidding! No, this spot will appear about once a week (or so) to afford a space for random wanderings of the mind as well as suggestions for additional sites, books, or whatever else happens to pop up along the way. So, off on my first wander...

On this "trip", let's visit a newly discovered site called Book Daily. This site was recently emailed to me and is toted as having "book samples for book lovers". Now, I for one am definitely a book lover and so I did not hesitate to click over right away. It's actually a fairly decent concept. You have a virtual bookshelf that allows you to add any title they have on their site for your viewing pleasure. Each day, they will email you the first chapter from the top item on your shelf, thus allowing for semi-random reading on a whim! If you are dying to read it right now, you can also peruse the same said chapter right on their site. Pretty cool, right?

I know what you're thinking...all of the books are either really old or something that no one has ever heard of. Incorrect! They have most of the latest titles as well as old favorites. Stephenie Meyer, James Patterson, Patricia Cornwell, Charlaine Harris, John Sanford....shall I keep going? Just try looking something up or browsing by genre...you are sure to fill your shelf fast. I sure did. (I think I have about 70 on there right now....and growing.)

Feel free to leave your comments and feedback!
Until next time...happy reading!

1 comment:

Bri Meets Books said...

That's pretty cool because I often read the first chapter of something before I know I'm going to buy it, unless I already like the author.

Linked to you!

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader