Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Friday, May 1, 2009

The Insatiable Reader's Book Review Policy

So...here you are.  On my blog, looking at all the reviews and you're thinking...how can I get one?  Read on!

Current Status:  OPEN to receiving review requests

Contact Me:  grgenius(at)gmail(dot)com

Preferred Genres:  YA fiction, children's fiction, general fiction, chick lit, some sci-fi fantasy...(the list is shorter as to what I will not accept)

Non-accepted Genres:  Erotica and sports.  Let's just say the first one should be specific to the individual and the later just doesn't hold my interest.

Book Ratings:  Honestly, I've seen sites with rating systems and they work for them.  For me, not so much.  I mean the difference between a 4 and a 5 can be so miniscule!  I prefer to review the book based on its own merit and express how it came across to me.  My take on the book is after all just one opinion, but I hope to shed a little light on a new (or old) title in a different way for my blog readers.  That said, not all reviews will be 100% positive!  Although I refrain from butchering any literary work, a blog is based on the opinion of the one writing it.  If I am not honest, my voice will lose all merit with my readers.


My motto:  "Respect the effort, if not the result." 


Review Timeframe:  I am an avid reader and being such I go through books fairly rapidly.  If you have a specific date it needs to be posted by, let me know and we can see if we can work something out.

Books Accepted:  I accept books from traditional publishers as well as self-published books, as you never know where your next favorite writer will come from.  The preferred format for submissions is a bound book.  I always seem to enjoy the read more if I can hold it in my hands, feel its weight, and turn each page as I enter the story.  If an e-book is the only means by which you are submitting your work for review, email me...we may still be able to work something out.

Review Postings:  Each of my reviews are of course posted on my site.  A link is also released via my Twitter feed, Instagram feed, and Facebook page to my followers, and also to both the publishing company and author, if available.  More often than not, I also post a mini-review on Goodreads (if applicable), and Bookbub.

Other info: I do not sell ARC's. Let's face it, I can be greedy with books! Especially if I loved them.  Swapping them out with friends can make my teeth grind (as I want them back when they are done!).  If you want the ARC given away in a contest or you have an extra copy you'd like to submit for the same purpose, no problem!  Just let me know.
Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader