Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Taste Testing Tuesdays



Good morning (or whatever time it is where you are), everyone!
Welcome to another installment of Taste Testing Tuesdays here at Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers! Taste Testing Tuesdays was inspired by 'Teaser Tuesdays', a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading

On the menu this week...a sneak peek of the book I'll be featuring tomorrow along with an interview with the author herself!  Ready for a taste?  Here goes...




A White Room
by
Stephanie Carroll

I rushed to the beach by the river.  The fog had lifted, leaving frail traces of mist here and there.  I dipped myself into the frigid Mississippi, submitting to the sharp chill in the current.  I scrubbed the blood off my skin.  I rinsed off what I could from my nightgown, bit it faded into a salmon color.  The blood felt slick between my fingers.  I don't know why I didn't feel ill.  My sisters always grew nauseated at the sight of blood.
-- pg 149



Wow.  Okay, so where I'm at right now in the book (or at least when I wrote this...hehe), is just after the newly wed couple Emeline and John have moved into this grand new home in Labellum, Missouri....except that the grand portion of it has seen better days, it's overrun by knick-knacks and nature representations, and it's distinct lack of light is really pulling on the fragile nerves of our leading lady.  From the sound of this passage, adventures are certainly ahead....even if they are frowned upon in her time.

Curious to learn more?
Stop back tomorrow for my review and an interview with the author!



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~






So...what book are you lost in this week?
Oh come on...just a little tease?


^_^






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

*Grab your current read 
*Open to a random page 
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
*Share the title & author, too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~









Until next time...happy reading!


4 comments:

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

you are such a tease..i will be back tomorrow for your review..:)

Tales of Whimsy said...

Oooooooooooooo sounds good good.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

You know, that sounds gooood. :)

Stephanie Carroll said...

Nice tease! I love that game!

I'll be back tomorrow too ;)

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader