Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Saturday, July 2, 2022

RRR presents... FROM THE DEEP by Kateri Stanley - GUEST POST!

Hi there!
Welcome back to Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers.


Today, we're bringing you a double dose of bookish fun as we welcome Rachel's Random Resources to the site, not once but twice! First up, a spotlight shining on a murder mystery that's ripe for the solving and a special guest post from the author outlining a day in the life of a writer, or rather THEIR day in the life of being them. So, without further ado, let's take a peek at the title in the spotlight...


From the Deep
by
Kateri Stanley


About the book...
Julian Finch, widower and fisherman, awakes to learn that the bodies of two colleagues have washed up on the beach of Drake Cove. The close-knit community is under fierce public scrutiny due to a long-standing tradition called "The Culling", the annual slaughter of pilot whales for consumption. An act which divides the nation.

The suspects are the extreme animal rights group, the Fighters Against Animal Cruelty (FAAC) who go wherever the politics is trending. They've been harassing the small fishing town for many years, smashing up their boats and sending vicious hate mail.

Tensions mount after a viral video, uploaded by the FAAC of Julian killing a pregnant whale, causes uproar online and in real life. In the aftermath, Julian becomes the victim of hate crime. In order to avoid further life-threatening attacks, Julian and his daughter take refuge in the home of Frank Blothio: ex-fisherman turned writer and political activist who does not have the best history with the animal rights movement, or Drake Cove as a whole.

As Julian integrates into the Blothio way of life, he discovers heinous secrets and disturbing truths lurking beneath the skin of his hometown that will change his life forever.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~  GUEST POST   ~~~

A Day in My Writing Life by Kateri Stanley 

I start the day with cat parent responsibilities so I feed my feline. I have my breakfast, make myself a mug of tea, maybe watch the news or see what’s been happening on Twitter. That place can be really juicy for trending gossip. I’ve been hooked on the Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard defamation trial lately so I’ll watch the highlights or a YouTube commentary about it. Then I’ll check my emails, maybe do some networking here and there. Instagram or Twitter post. I’m trying to learn about the algorithms at the moment. It’s very frustrating and it changes all the time. Mornings seem to be the right time for me as it’s before 9am, most people check their social media (if they have one) first thing. After this is done, I’ll try and sneak in some yoga stretches (and I stress try) or I’ll go for a walk around my neighbourhood. 

After I’m back home, I make a second cuppa and I head up to my office. I share the space with my boyfriend, he’s an engineer and he works from home sometimes. From there, I’ll write, edit or sort out marketing, PR etc until lunchtime. 

As we’re steering our cat away from wet food and putting her on a raw meat diet, she doesn’t have lunch anymore as she’s normally had quite a hearty breakfast, she doesn’t seem bothered about it now. I make my lunch, I normally watch YouTube, read or natter to the boyfriend. Maxine (the cat) goes out for a walk in the garden, she wears a harness and we take her around on a lead. She’s been shy lately as she spotted a dog not so long ago and it frightened her. Then the boyfriend and I have an afternoon walk. 

Third cup of tea is made (this one is normally a decaf, I’m trying to cut my tea intake down!) and it’s back up to the office. I’ll work (writing/editing/marketing/graphic design) until 5pm and then finish for the day. Maxine gets fed her second meal and I’ll make dinner. Boyfriend does it on the weekends haha. 

I set myself goals. Write 500 words as a minimum per day.  No snacking during work (fruit is allowed), sometimes I’ll lose this (and raid the snack cupboard) especially if it’s a stressful day. Have frequent breaks from the computer screen as I can sit there for ages, it’s not good for the back posture. I play with Maxine, try and do stretches (again, I stress try, I need to get back in shape) and so forth. 
Sounds boring when I write about my day but I can get so much done!! 

I also work a day job on a part time basis during the week. I’m Project Administrator for a charity where we support people dealing with gambling addiction, looking for debt advice and housing issues. Sometimes I can’t get writing done that day and I’m too tired to do it when I get home. Now and then, I do scribble on my phone during my breaks at the day job if I can. Time is precious for creativity! 

Me and my cat, Maxine in the office. She was very hungry, eager for her tea. I was editing From the Deep at the time. 






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Author Bio –


Kateri Stanley is a pseudonym for the multi-genre fiction writer. Since being a child, Kateri has been inspired by the wondrous mediums of books, music, TV and film. After working in the healthcare industry for eight years and studying for an Arts and Humanities degree, she made the decision to move cities in the West Midlands and live with her ever-suffering partner and their felines. Her debut novel Forgive Me was published by indie press house, DarkStroke Books in 2021 and it reached #1 in the US Horror Fiction charts on Amazon. She is currently working on her third novel, Bittersweet Injuries and would love to pursue a full-time career in writing.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Special thanks to Rachel at Rachel's Random Resources for the chance to bring this tour to you. (THANKS!) For more information on this title, the author, this promotion, or those on the horizon, feel free to click through the links provided above. This title is available now, so click on over to your favorite online retailer to snag your copy today and be sure to check out the rest of the tour for more bookish fun!



Until next time, remember...if it looks good, READ IT!


No comments:

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader