Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Insatiable Reader ...in the kitchen!

Okay guys so with yesterday's post featuring SUSAN MALLERY'S FOOL'S GOLD COOKBOOK, I had the urge, the need, the desire...to try one of the recipes!  Thought I might share the before and after with you.
^-^

This is my version of the Cheesy Blossom Bread. The basic ingredients/instructions are as follows:

Take a nice loaf of hearty bread - I used a bakery loaf of 5 grain Italian.
Cut it lengthwise and side wise ALMOST all the way through - I cut it a few more times for ease of serving.
Drizzle with melted butter.
Stuff the crevices with dip of your choice - I used french onion.
Stuff/Sprinkle with shredded cheddar.
Sprinkle with chives.
Wrap, bake and...TADA!

Taste test...pretty darn good!
Next time, I'll probably try another dip flavor and a wee lighter on the butter but overall, YUM!

So you see, yesterday's read/share was not only a good read but also a good feed!

Until next time...happy eating...I mean reading!
^-^

2 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

It's beautiful! Look at you! Great job!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Yum. Though I have to say my filling of choice would have to be garlic.

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader