Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Filthy Scrooge by Taryn Quinn

Filthy ScroogeFilthy Scrooge by Taryn Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Alright judgy mc-judgy...I know, it's not the sort of book I generally read/review, but hear me out. I clicked on this freebie download because I couldn't believe the title...I mean, A Christmas Carol is one of my FAVORITE books so how could one possibly turn it into "something else"? Then there's the cover...*ahem*...let's just say it was a tiny little thumbnail pic on my phone, but um, yeah, was rather "surprising" when viewed full size. Moving forward...it wasn't either of these things that really made me want to read it though, it was partially the description, but also the reviews. That's right, the reviews. I usually avoid reading multiple reviews of a book I'm considering, so again, it wasn't on MY list at first glance, but although people kept mentioning how "hot" it was, they also made note that the STORY behind the jingle-jangling was not to be missed. Well, now that I've read it, I have to say I strongly....AGREE!

I'm not going to sugar coat it, it's NOT for anyone less than a mature ADULT audience because yeah, there's a lot of "that", but Kandy and Linc are definitely characters I won't be forgetting anytime soon, and not simply for their ability to get down in a hurry. Kandy is an independent woman who runs her own business and really wants to succeed, but for herself and her staff. She puts her whole heart and soul into the business and when something goes off course, she takes a personal interest in correcting the situation. In this case, a missing Santa, his helper, and nary a jolly-old-saint-anything in sight...at least without the right motivation. Lincoln (aka Linc) is a successful businessman who puts up with the monkey suit when necessary, but prefers jeans and a button down. He's got the look, he's made the money, and though he truly gets grinchy this time of year, deep down he really cares....just don't tell him that or you may get the wrong end of the peppermint stick. He's got a past that's weighing him down, and no inclination to crack the shell he's created for himself...too bad he's set his own trap that's about to shake more than the balls on the tree, but oh what a beautiful sight they'll make if they can get through this holiday!

All in all, I was totally surprised by how much I enjoyed the STORY...but um yeah, just not one for sharing around the Christmas tree with the family. *wink wink*

View all my reviews

2 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Not sure I'm a mature enough adult for this one. I can understand your being curious as to what they could possibly have done with this classic but that cover ... oh my!

Definitely one of those books I'd have to put inside another one if I were to read it in public. Scrooge as I picture him it aint and that's after I've seen A Muppets Christmas Carol.

Still its nice to be surprised by a book, I'm glad you enjoyed this.

Alexia561 said...

Have to admit that I was a little surprised to see this one on your blog, but loved hearing why you downloaded it! Yeah, that cover....(fans self). I doubt that I'm mature enough to read this one either as I tend to blush easily. ha! Anyway, glad that this turned out to be a nice surprise for you!

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader