Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Taste Testing Tuesdays (36)


Good morning (or whatever time it is where you are), everyone!
Welcome to another installment of Taste Testing Tuesdays here at Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers!  Taste Testing Tuesdays was inspired by 'Teaser Tuesdays', a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
On the menu this week ...
 
Virginia had mentioned that she was staying at the Hyatt in Santa Clarita, which was near the Holt's store and the mall -- I could run into Macy's and check for a Sinful bag while I was close -- so I drove over.  -- pg 118, Shoulder Bags and Shooting by Dorothy Howell

Striking me as a cross between the 'Shopaholic' series by Kinsella and a "who-dun-it" mystery....the verdict is out on how this book's final story will be received.  We shall see...






When Mom is feeling awkward, her voice kind of squeaks and sputters.  She sounds like our old VW right before it died.  I had to stop myself from bolting from the room, from the house, in fact, and heading to IHOP to drown my sorrows in the banana fudge stack with whipped cream and butterscotch syrup.  -- pg 96, Karma Bites by Stacy Kramer and Valerie Thomas (ARC)

Definitely wondering what caused the sudden need for sweets, though the pancakes do sound rather yummy...this book is scheduled for release next week!







I took my time walking to the front door and flipped the lock back.  The guy standing on the doormat was tall and well built -- I could tell, since his T-shirt fit on the snug side and blatantly advertised PLATINUM GYM, PORTLAND.  -- pg 62, Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick (ARC)

SQUEEEEEE!  Yes, still MAJORLY excited to have this hot little number in my grasp.  Doesn't release until October of this year, but I simply can't resist reading it right away.  With other books scheduled, it might be slow progess...but then again a good book is often times best savored.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR.* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Until next time....happy reading!

9 comments:

Jenny said...

I hate you a little that you have Crescendo! And I mean that in an "I'm so jealous, I don't really hate you" kind of way:) Can't wait to see what you think!

The1stdaughter said...

Congrats again on the ARC love! I think I'm the only one who hasn't read the series, but it's entirely on purpose...I'm dying with all the waiting between the books of all the series out there!

Love! Karma Bites! Such a fun book, I even have a little secret project coming up with it! :o)

Great selection!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Oooooooooooooooo the last one! I'm green!
Great one :)

Thanks for stopping by my Teaser Tuesday :)

Gina said...

LOL. Glad the book community is so friendly...even when the green eyed monster's little brother is visiting (that's the friendly one, the older brother is the not so friendly one).

Jenny: Too good not to share.. ^_^

the1stdaughter: Thanks! Definitely agree on KARMA BITES as well...can't wait to see what your secret project is!

Juju: Of course I stopped by, it's a regular online haunting of mine. Thanks for your visit as well! ^_^

Janet Johnson said...

Some fun teasers! That last one especially. And it doesn't come out till October!? Now that's just cruel. ;)

Dorothy Dreyer said...

I soooo want to read Crescendo (I entered a contest for it, so cross your fingers that I win, lol).

Melanie said...

You're reading Crescendooo! EEE. You must enjoy it for the both of us. I can't wait to read that book and will definitely be pouncing on it when it comes out.

Great teasers!

Unknown said...

Ooh, this was fun! Thanks for the teasers, can't wait to hear what you think of the books.

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Oh, nice teasers! I love the sound of the first book. We all know that I can't pass up a good mystery!

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader