Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Friday, July 9, 2010

Time to Celebrate....Blog Awards!

Hi there!
Happy Friday to you!
It's been a busy week despite the look of things here at Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers.  Between holiday time off, family surgeries, and reading schedules, in a word, I'm.....pooped!  Yep, tuckered out...no stamina to blog about the goodness of things I have read, am reading, or will be reading very shortly.  I know, shock and awe and all that jazz, but not to worry....I'm not throwing in the virtual towel or going on hiatus, just merely opting for a lighter post today that celebrates all of you! 

Today, I would like to pass along an award that I've had the fortune of receiving over the course of my blogging life.  So, let's get this party started!  First up....

The Honest Scrap Award
This award is for...sharing more about the blogger behind the blog.
The rules...list 10 true things about yourself and then tag 7 more blogs to go through the process.
I had the fortune of receiving this award from more than one party in the past...those kind souls include Jo at Ink and Paper, Patty at Yay! Reads, Ella at Mi Cafe Literario, and Nicole at Tribute Book Reviews & Giveaways.  Thank you one and all!  Now to pass on the honor...oh and remember, no judging on the "truth" reveals...


Ten True Things About Me
1.  I have a hard time saying "no".
As in "no, I don't have time to do that", or "no, that is in fact inconvenient".  Alas, my flaw...I like to help people and do what I can, even when it puts me in a bind at times.  Working on it...slowly.
2.  I love musicals!
Not all, but many.  Yes, that includes Grease, Hairspray, High School Musical, Spectacular, etc.  They are just pure fun and so up beat...how can you not?  (If you don't know about these fun flicks, seriously look them up.)
3.  Favorite color is....light blue.
4.  When I re-read a book from a series, I have to re-read the whole series in order.
5.  I keep most of the books I receive, hence the lack of bookshelf space.
6.  I do actually research a title when offered a copy to review.
Just because it's put on my plate, doesn't mean I'm going to like it and if it doesn't catch my attention, what's the point?  It's not fair to anyone involved.
7.  The Got Books? Event co-hosted by the1stdaughter is the first "major" bookish event I've worked "behind the scenes" of....lots of fun but also lots to do!
8.  Favorite drink....Diet Coke.
Repeat Diet Coke....NOT Diet Pepsi.
9.  I always carry at least two books with me, plus my eReader...just in case I finish one, the other, or need some more material.  (hehe)
10.  My dogs are SPOILED.
Ashley (my Yorkie) has this habit when she's called to go out for "potty time".  You call, she meets you halfway then rolls on her back and will not go out until you pick her up and scoot her through the door.  *shakes head*  So cute, but really...silly puppy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright!  So there, my ten things.  Probably more than you really wanted to know, but these things are like grasping at straws on what to reveal versus not.  Share any of the same habits?  Care to share something else to make my list look a bit more mundane? The comments are open...just be gentle. 

Now, to the IMPORTANT part...I humbly pass this award on to the following 7 blogs in random order...



I hope you enjoy your awards as much as I have and can't wait to see what "truths" you reveal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next week, we have two book tours coming through, the following week two more and the Got Books? Event!  So needless to say, lots of bookish fun to be had...
Here's wishing you a great weekend!


Until next time....happy reading!


6 comments:

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Thanks so much for the award! :D

The1stdaughter said...

Congrats on the award! Now I know why we are so terrible for each other...lol. Neither of us can say no! Yes, one of my flaws as well. That's okay, I'm still very glad to have you as one of my good friends!

And an eReader...supreme jealousy now ensues. One day I'll have one! :o)

Gina said...

fredamans: Thanks! ^_^

Emidy: You are most welcome! Can't wait to see what you share when you pass it on...

The1stdaughter: Really..I'd have never guessed. LOL! Thank you for the kind words and the great friendship! See people...book bloggy friends, gotta luv em. Yes, I have a cute pink pocket eReader, but it mostly stays there...in my purse pocket. It's a back up really, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my actual physical hard copy books. ^_^

Melanie said...

Thank you for the reward! I'll have to write up a post soon. Fun stuff! :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Congratulations on the award!! You deserve it!! Thank you so much for passing the award on to me :) I appreciate it!!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Well done on the award and many thanks to the links to those blogs, I'm away to visit now.

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader