- I chose my site name on a whim....seriously! I was thinking out loud and putting voice to the ramblings in my mind. When I stumbled across what I figured to be a bookish gem, I pounced and the site-that-was-yet-to-be-named was granted it's moniker. Same goes with the tag line up there....just me toying with the site's name and trying to think of something clever to go with it. Was I successful? I'll let you be the judge of that....
- I post every day. Barring any extraordinary circumstances, you will find something new here at Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers. Whether it be a weekly MEME, a book review, or bookish news, I try my best to make sure it never gets old.
- I receive books to review. The big hubbub earlier this year was to disclose whether we received a book for review or not...almost insinuating that we'd give it a good review because we received it for free in exchange for the review. NOT SO! Most book bloggers have created review policies thanks to this former issue (including moi....see it here), but I can honestly say just because I receive a book for review does not in any way guarantee a glowing review. Which leads me into this next point...
- I post positive AND negative reviews. I keep my site honest so that you, the readers, can trust that you are getting my actual experience with the book. Unfortunately, no matter how much we think we are going to enjoy a book, it doesn't always work out that way. My motto is "Respect the effort if not the result." What does that mean to you or potential authors and publishers? It means that although I will not decimate a book in one of my reviews, I will point out what I did enjoy and what I did not. You'd be surprised...most readers (as well as authors and publishers, etc) appreciate both types of reviews as long as they are honest. Sometimes the points raised are valid for the next potential reader and sometimes they are what spur them on to read the book. After all, just because it wasn't my favorite to end all favorites, doesn't mean it won't be yours.
- I do not rate books. What is really the difference between a four star rating and a five? What is that defining point that makes the book drop down a full star or rise two? For me...sometimes not that much. While I respect those sites that do employ a rating system, I myself choose not to...so in order to get the scoop on my reading adventures, you'll have to read the review.
- I love comments. Okay so this is a given and probably the same for all book bloggers. Does that mean if you don't comment you shouldn't come around? NO! Much love for lurkers and commenter's all the same....but comments are a definite way to bring a smile to a book bloggers face so if you a second or something to say...do tell! Oh and I usually comment back as well, both in my comments and on your site.
- My menu bar has some must see links. It's the link list on the upper left hand side of my page. In case you've never used it or are simply curious where it will take you, feel free to click around! Might I suggest though....click on the MENU option first and it will explain the rest of the links listed.
- My sidebars share the love with you! Aw, yes...the sidebars. I try not to make them too cluttered, but there are some things I generally keep. The left hand bar always features contests from around the blogosphere (with links, of course), my two most recent awards, and a rotating list of blogs I follow. The right hand bar will keep you up to date on some of the bigger happenings going on both this month and in coming months here at the site, any current contests open for entries, my wish list, and a few bookish sites I frequent around the net. That's not to say there isn't more to see there, because there is....this is merely an invitation to explore it more on your own.
- I am an open book...for the most part. If you have a question, comment, or suggestion, you can find my email address in my review policy or feel free to leave a comment on a post! Ask around...unless the email gets lost, I'll definitely respond (...same goes for authors, publishers, and publicists!).
QUICK NOTE...Update: 10/10/19
Good news: We're back home! Bad news: It's like Apocalypse Heck Part III.
The one year Hurricane Michael anniversary is already here. Where did the time go...and yet it feels like forever. You don't realize how much you take for granted until it's all gone. I'm grateful my family/fur babies survived, and I know they are just "things", but sadly, in this life, those "things" help us get through every day. So yes, "happy" yet not. Every day is still a struggle...not just for my family, but so many others.
Thanks for stopping by and sharing my bookish adventures. It helps remind me I'm not alone in this crazy journey called life.