Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Saturday, March 1, 2014

For the love of...THE BOOKISH!

Yep that's right closing out the month of love with a post all about the things we love and more often than not they fall into the bookish category. So,  just who or what belongs on this list? Well,  where shall I begin. ..

From books to bloggers, publishers the publicists, the blogosphere offers readers a community to become a part of. It welcomes them with open arms to celebrate a pastime, nay a way of life, that is not only entertaining but enriching.  I mean what other hobby allows you to fly to the stars and beyond then swim beneath the deep blue sea meeting creatures of every shape and size, and yet end up on the side of the road with the potential sweetheart you never saw coming,  all in the same afternoon?  I can't think of one.  The same goes for the people though....

I've made many acquaintances and friends along my reading/blogging journey. ... some  in the industry hardcore and others are on the outskirts just like me but our common denominator is our love of the written word.  Above all else,  it gives us a starting point for many discussions and that desire to share our adventures with others keeps the conversation rolling.  I count myself lucky to call so many great folks "friend" and whether or not I get to meet them in person one day or they remain virtual buds, my world is still richer for the experience.

So thank you my fellow bloggers,  friends,  and book industry rock stars.  Know you rate high in my book day in and day out.

Until next time. .. Happy reading!

2 comments:

Alexia561 said...

Well said! So glad that I stumbled across the book blogger community, and especially glad that I "met" you. :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

Awwww you're awesome too. I value our friendship and always love your Twitter shout outs. :)

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader