Let's start off with a few of the basics. Did you know....
- that the hashtags are used to group common tweets or that #FollowFriday is for recommending your fellow Twitter users? (Guilty! When I first ran across these two things on the site, I was like, "Okay...what am I missing?")
- to send a tweet via SMS, after your phone number is registered, send to 40404 (US only, although I believe there is one for international users too)?
- to send a Direct Message from the main screen, simply type "d" then the user name without the @?
- to see if someone is "following" you, DoesFollow offers a simple fill-in-the-blank page to check by user name?
- to link directly to a tweet click on the time/date stamp? (I so didn't know that...tucking it away in back memory files for future contests....)
So....if you are looking for a brief fiction break, or need a new handbook for your maximizing your Twitter tweets, definitely check this book out! (I know I will be ultilizing some of the secrets I uncovered...now let's see what TwitterSheep has to say about my followers listed interests...any guesses?)
What Twitter applications or related sites do you use and would recommend to others? Why?