Welcome back to Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers….the place where yours truly laughs in the face of sleepiness to bring you bookish goodness every day of the week, or almost every day. ^_^
Yes my friends….sleep is allusion sometimes around these parts what with the world the way it is today, life in general and of course all the books you just want to read READ rEaD ReAd. Sleep is a luxury and I laugh in the face of it…Ha ha HA! *yawn* Okay, so it catches up to me every now and again but you know how it goes, I’m sure. Anywho, enough of my ramblings about pillows and things, it’s time to get bookish.
Today we are traveling the intellectual reading rainbow but in a totally neato-mosquito sorta way. What’s that? Are you SCOFFING at me? O-O No one dares scoff at THE Insatiable Reader!?! Just kidding! Scoff if you want to…but still read the post because although you will learn A LOT from this particular selection, it’s so much fun it’ll feel like a walk in the park. Put your fuzzy, light-up, bedazzled thinking caps on…today’s book of choice is….
…Only the Greatest Lists in the History of Listory
Ethan Trex, Will Pearson, and Mangesh Hattikudur
Let me break it down for you. In it’s most basic form, this book is fact, not fiction…but it deals with a myriad of subjects both intellectually stimulating and funny bone jostling (pop culture, gotta love it) that you’ll be hooked, lined, and sinker-ed whether you read it cover to cover or in wee little bites like a too rich cheesecake (yes, I was hungry when I wrote this). That’s right my friends; a book of lists with room to spare for both laughter and learning….quite the combo, right?
In keeping with the spirit of the book, may I present my first of two lists…this one’s entitled…
COOL THINGS I LEARNED BY READING THIS BOOK OF AWESOMENESS
(…in no particular order…)
- Humpty Dumpty MAY have sat on a wall…but the rhyme of old never said he was an egg…or a “he” for that matter.
- The solution to an “ice cream headache”….don’t let it touch the roof of your mouth…or eat it when it’s cold outside. (Seems they occur from the blood vessels dilating to…well, you’ll see….)
- Alton Brown (you know, the foodie guy) was the director of photography for R.E.M.’s 1987 video for “The One I Love”. Rock on Mr. Brown!
- There are many odd ways to die and rest assured if it happens to you, you’ll end up on a list. Death by toothpick anyone? How about being smothered with adoration?
- …a great book for fun time readers as well as the most studious amongst you.
- I am one SMOOT tall. Just sayin. ^_^ Bonus points for knowing what that means or reading the book to find out.
Review copy courtesy of Mary at HarperCollins Publishers. (THANKS!) For more information on this title as well as their full catalog, feel free to check them out online. For more mental_floss fun, be sure to check out their official website, ‘like’ them on Facebook (and take their nifty quiz!), or follow along on Twitter.