Hi there friends and fellow readers!
Welcome back to Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers.
Today, we’re welcoming a tour circling the blogosphere currently via Faye Rogers PR. It stars the third release in a Young Adult Science Fiction series that’s got A LOT going for it. How do I know? Well, I’ve read the synopsis, which you’re about to do as well, and I got a little insider info from the mind behind the work. Ready to discover your next potential read? Let’s DO this! Today’s blog tour spotlight shines on…
About the book….
The country is at war. Beset by enemies within and without. And all because of the decisions changed by one boy, Scott Tyler. In this ravaged alternative reality, Scott hardly recognises himself. He's a war hero, a leader of a unit of Shifters and maybe the only one who can prevent the country's frail defences from crumbling.
But all Scott wants to do is find a way back to the world he knew, without losing the girl he loves. With every Shift he makes, Scott edges closer towards oblivion. With no one to trust – not even himself – how much is he willing to risk to get home?
Ooh…sounds rather interesting.
Despite having not read the series, I do admit to being intrigued. Perhaps it’s the torn image between self and the public. Maybe it’s the fact that he’s found a love he just doesn’t want to let go of. Of course, there’s always the whole mention of “oblivion”… *-*
All great things to explore but in the end, I know what you’re thinking…
…why should YOU read this book?
Well, whom better to ask than the source themselves?
Take it away author Kim Curran!
Top Ten Reasons to Read This Series
By Kim Curran
1) It’s got mind-bending concepts about quantum physics, the nature of reality and the nature of identity. If you life stuff like Inception and Fringe, this might be the book for you.
2) Stuff blows up. A lot.
3) Scott Tyler, the main character, is funny, self-depreciating, lovable, and you’ll be rooting for him from page one.
4) The supporting characters are enormous fun, especially Aubrey Jones the girl with the foul mouth and big boots and Benjo Green the obese brain-eating nutjob.
5) It’s a fast-paced, breakneck, page-turning SF adventure.
6) It will make you think about your life and all the decisions you’ve made.
7) A romantic relationship that develops over the course of the books – no instalove!
8) Breathless cliffhangers that mean you just HAVE to read on.
9) Secret government divisions, cage fights, free running and exploding helicopters.
10) It’s got heart.
About the author….
Dublin-born Kim Curran is the award-nominated author of books for young adults, including Shift, Control and Delete.
She studied Philosophy & Literature at university with the plan of being paid big bucks to think deep thoughts. While that never quite worked out, she did land a job as a junior copywriter with an ad agency a week after graduating. She’s worked in advertising ever since and is obsessed with the power of the media on young minds.
She is a mentor at the Ministry of Stories and for the WoMentoring Project. And lives in London with her husband and too many books.
To find out more visit her online at…
Special thanks to Faye Rogers of FayeRogers PR for the chance to bring this tour to all of you. (THANKS!) For more information on this promotion as well as those forthcoming, be sure to stop by their official site. To check out the rest of this amazing tour in progress, CLICK HERE for the official schedule. Now, only one thing left to do before we close….
…give YOU A CHANCE TO WIN!
Just fill out the Rafflecopter below for a chance to win all THREE books in the Shift trilogy. It’s as simple as that.
Until next time…happy reading!