Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Taste Testing Tuesdays (28)


Good morning (or whatever time it is where you are), everyone!
Welcome to another installment of Taste Testing Tuesdays!
Taste Testing Tuesdays was inspired by 'Teaser Tuesdays', a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading
On the menu this week ... one book that is currently making its rounds in the blogosphere with a stop next week here at Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers, it's a doozy let me tell you....and a second book that I am just about to start so this will be a first taste for both of us.
Here we go....






He scrunched up his nose as if he'd been exposed to a particularly offensive smell.  "1986?" he cringed.  "1986? I can't stand forms frmo 1986!  Nor can my fellow 1987 import tax declaration rejections aficionados."  -- pg 72, No Hope for Gomez! by Graham Parke













Meg, whose burden consisted of four spoiled vampire children, had not the hear enough even to make herself pretty as usual by putting on a blue neck ribbon and dressing her hair in the most becoming way.
"Where's the use of looking nice, when no one sees me but those cross midgets, and no one cares whether I'm pretty or not?" she muttered, shutting her drawer with a jerk as she thought of Mrs. King and her family.  -- pg 37, Little Vampire Women by Louisa May Alcott and Lynn Messina (ARC)



5 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

OK. These both sound interesting. One day I am going to have to try one of these classic/paranormal mashups. My teaser this week is from Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Cross midgets? LOL

Nice teaser :)

Here is my Teaser Tuesday :)

Dorothy Dreyer said...

Little Vampire Women sounds great. Heehee.

The1stdaughter said...

Love the teaser!

I think the first might actually be something my hubby would love, I'll have to check into it and await your review!

I have to say, I'm actually kind of interested in Little Vampire Women, though the other string of remakes have had me annoyed, this one may make my TBR pile.

Gina said...

Kathy Martin: Loved your teaser...and yes, so far, the mash-up book is going well!

Juju: Thought that was pretty funny myself. Great teaser on your site too!

Dorothy Dreyer: So far....it is! ^_^

the1stdaughter: NO HOPE FOR GOMEZ! was pretty funny, although the ending is a bit unexpected. Review up next week. As for the mash-up/remake, haven't read any of the others, this is my first but so far, I'm enjoying it!

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader