Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Monday, March 28, 2011

In My Shopping Bag (73)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.
Through her guidelines, your post does not actually have to be named the same and thus my post shall be..."In My Shopping Bag".  (just fits with the "foodie" theme a bit better in my humble opinion)
Let's take a peek inside my shopping bag this week....




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review
 
The Trouble with Chickens:  A J.J. Tully Mystery by Doreen Cronin
Now just try and tell me that the cover isn't cute....really, try!  As cute as the jacket is (and by the way, the actual hardcover has an adorable silver print of one of the chickens in the lower right corner...to cute), the story is bookishly wonderful.  How so?  Aw, you'll have to wait for the review but seeing as how I read this one over the weekend, your wait won't be TOO long.



The Worst Case Scenario, Ultimate Adventure:  Everest by David Borgenicht with David Morton
(courtesy of Lara at Chronicle Books)
This was an exciting find to discover in the mail this week...and one I quickly devoured.  Yep.  Finished!  Hey, what can I say?  I LOVED those "choose your own adventure" books as a child.  This one puts a new twist on things that makes them even more fun.  Review to come soon...




The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Cat Valente
(ARC courtesy of Ksenia at Feiwel and Friends)
Try saying that title five times fast!  It's a doozy but oh doesn't it sound like fun?!  Can't wait to dig into this magical adventure.  Release date is set for May 2011.  In the mean time, be sure to check out their site to find out more...and stay tuned right here for some bookish fun related to this title in the coming weeks!





Until Tuesday by Luis Carlos Montalvan
(ARC courtesy of Hyperion via Shelf Awareness)
It's been a while since I read a pet centered book.  When I say this liitle beauty peeking out from one of my recent email newsletters from Shelf Awareness, I knew it was time to circle back to that genre again.  This looks like a moving tale about more than man or "beast", but about how they help each other in more ways than anticipated.  Release date is set for May 2011.



------------------------------------------------------------

Won

(1) Minion pendant
(1) Stay Puft Marshmallow Man figure
(won via contest at To Read or Not to Read featuring Sweet Geek on ETSY)
Okay, so my camera kinda craptastically caught these little guys profiles, but trust me, they are TOO CUTE!  Just gotta find the right cord to hang my minion on (hehe) and marshmallow dude is not displayed on my desk with my other little miniatures.  Needless to say a great big THANKS to both Marcie at the hosting site and "Sweet Geek" for the awesome prizes.  Should you be looking for bookish fun or a new crafty addition to your collection, DEFINTELY check out their sites.

 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


That's it for this week.
 So what do you think?
What did YOU get?
Do tell!


 
Until next time....happy reading!
 
 

 

13 comments:

The1stdaughter said...

Oh! I think you'll really like The Trouble with Chickens. I received a copy a couple months ago and really enjoyed it (need to post a review!!). Also, got the Everest and I'm hoping for The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland...to arrive soon, they both looked so good I couldn't pass them up!

Fabulous haul! I can't wait to compare notes on book thoughts! Love that part of course. ;o)

Jessica ( frellathon ) said...

I am sooo jealous of your stay puft marshmallow man seriously awesome. Oh and thanks for coming by and commenting with your 5 cents ;).

Misha said...

How cute is the cover for The Trouble with Chickens! I used to love "choose your own adventure" books as a kid. They were so much fun!
Happy Reading! :)

Felicity Grace Terry said...

I really like the look of The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making - much cuter than The Trouble With Chickens in my opinion.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Oooooo The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland !

Gina said...

the1stdaughter: Yep...really had fun with both of them (the Chickens and Everest books). Can't wait to start the Fairyland book as well....it has a book loving dragon! Look forward to comparing notes... ^_^

Jessica: ^_^ My pleasure!

Misha: Really? *high five* ^_^

Petty Witter: *nods* I love both covers to be honest, but to each their own.

Juju: Definite "ooh". ^_^

Lesley said...

Yay! I'm so happy you like your minion and stay puft :)

The Cozy Mystery Journal said...

OMG that minion figurine is SO cute!

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

We are a huge fan of Doreen Cronin books in this house so I look forward to your review of that. The others one I am not too familiar with. Sounds like fun! You always have a colorful shopping bag :)

Have a great day!
Michelle

Kate @ Candlemark said...

ZOMG, you have a Fairyland ARC? JEALOUS!

And my gosh, those chickens are cute.

Gina said...

Lesley: Like? LOVE! So so cute. ^_^

Bella: Isn't it? ^_^ I'm pretty sure she can make more, ya know if you want one...

Michelle: Cool. Yep, I try to keep it colorful. ^_^

Kate @ Candlemark: Yup..hehe. Love my Feiwel and Friends books...they are so good about getting me in touch with new and upcoming titles I'll like. Oh the chickens...definitely a cute story too. There's a bookish surprise in it too! Shall not say more...

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

I have the ghost busters theme running through my head

Anonymous said...

Looks like you got some great books. Enjoy!

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader