Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Monday, September 19, 2011

In My Shopping Bag (89)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.
Through her guidelines, your post does not actually have to be named the same and thus my post shall be..."In My Shopping Bag".  (just fits with the "foodie" theme a bit better in my humble opinion)
 
Let's take a peek inside my shopping bag from this past week....
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Review
 

Marching with Aunt Susan by Claire Rudolf Murphy
(courtesy of Peachtree Publishers)
The first title was a surprise but it certainly looks like it will recapture a historical event with new eyes.  The second was a request and I'm so glad I was granted a copy because really....haven'y YOU ever wondered where some of our favorite carols came from?  I have.  ^_^  Both books coming from Peachtree Publishers this fall...be sure to check out their website for more information....




Saltwater Taffy by Eric Delabarre
(courtesy of the author)
Funny thing happened with this one.  I saw it on the store shelf one day and thought ...wow, I love the cover!  Looks adventureous and interesting...gotta use it in a 'Roving Reader' post!...so I did.  The author happened to catch wind of it and he's been on my Twitter "author list" every since.  When offerred the chance to review and share the title with you fair readers, can you guess my reply?  ^_^  Reviewing in the coming months, but don't let that stop you from exploring it in the mean time!  Check out the official website or the author's Twitter feed for more....


-------------------------------------------------

Picked Up
(Those titles rescued from the "I'm-done-with-these" bin.  Couldn't leave them homeless!)


The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller
Atonement by Ian McEwan
The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells 
First:  Heard it was good...
Second:  Ditto....
Third:  Read most of it online from the publisher way back when, about time I got to finish it!  ^_^





Sweet Valley High: Secrets by Francine Pascal
The Word Eater by Mary Amato
Hatchet by Gary Paulsen 
First:  An oldie but potential goodie.....
Second:  Seriously loving the title....
Third:  Can you believe I've never read this?






Witch Child by Celia Rees
The Prophet of Yonwood (The Third Book of Ember) by Jeanne Duprau
First:  Heard good things about it...
Second:  Was not impressed with the movie (sorry!) but I've heard the series was MUCH better...





This one wasn't rescued per se, but it was up for grabs at our store and well...how could I possibly say no?  (Yeah...so couldn't.  Had to have it.)

Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver (ARC)
Scheduled for release this October from HarperCollins Children's publishing.
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
So that's it this week.
Add anything to your wish list?
Got some feedback on one of the titles listed?
Just wanna share what you got this week?
The comments are open....do tell!
 
 
Until next time....happy reading!
 
 
 

4 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Jingle Bells looks so cute.

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

I love the blast from the past thing you have going on here! I remember really loving Hatchet when I read it as a kid. I STILL haven't read Atonement yet though! I fail. I need to do that soon. Also can't wait to see what you think of Liesl and Po! MG is always hit or miss for me, but I loved Delirium so I'm excited to see more from Lauren Oliver.

DMS said...

What great books! I love Hatchet! The City of Embers series is good- but I didn't love the book that you picked up because it seemed very different from the others in the series. I haven't seen the movie yet.

I found you through Book Blogs and signed up to follow you. When you have a chance- please stop by and follow the blog for my middle grade novel that I am hoping to get published. http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

Take care-
Jess- although I may show up as Fairday, the main character from my novel. I can't figure out why that happens sometimes and I can't fix it. :)

Gina said...

Juju: Agreed!

Casey: ^_^ Oldies but goodies....yup. As for the "classic", you'll get to it one day...as will I. Will happy to share my thoughts on them when they cross my "now reading" pile.

Fairyday Morrow: Nice to meet you! Welcome to the site. Gotta love BookBlogs.NING....great site for finding bookish info and new sites. Just checked out your site too...say hello to your latest follower... ^_^

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader