Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

In My Shopping Bag (48)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.
Through her guidelines, your post does not actually have to be named the same and thus my post shall be..."In My Shopping Bag".  (just fits with the "foodie" theme a bit better in my humble opinion)
Normally seen on a Monday here at my site, today it moves to Tuesday as yesterday we were celebrating a book birthday which simply could not be missed.
This week's shopping bag contents....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review
Kasey to the Rescue by Ellen Rogers
(courtesy of Hyperion via Shelf-Awareness)
Now you know how I love a good story about human and animal interaction....well here's one with an unexpected lead character....a monkey!  Can't wait to see what this one brings....



Spray by Harry Edge
(ARC courtesy of Ksenia at Feiwel and Friends)
Looks exciting, no?  Scheduled for release this November!  Will be diving into it soon....



Velocity by Alan Jacobson
(courtesy of Julie at FSB Associates)
Okay, so when I was apporached about this one I went straight over to the website to investigate further (as usual)...the except?  Way creepy scary....so definitely getting to this one this month...


----------------------------------------------

Won

Elliot and the Goblin War by Jennifer A. Nielsen
(won via contest held at the author's website)
Sounds familiar?  It should!  This is the fabled book I spoke of last week that the "dear sweet" post office decided to feed to their in house goat (or at least that's what I imagine they did with it, otherwise why would the package have been so torn and empty?).  The fabulous author heard of my plight and by jove, she sent out another one!  (THANK YOU!)  Obviously it made it to its new home safe and sound...and SIGNED/personalized!  {hugs book}  Can't wait to dig into this one...keep a look out for it as it's schedule to hit shelves 10/12/10!



--------------------------------------

Bought

Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman



THE GRINCH and his pal MAX
Okay, so they are not books, but they are book-ISH and come on how could I resist!  It's not often you see these guys in this form and because they were bought at Kohl's, the money goes to help children's causes!  A win win in my book.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all for this week!
What did YOU get?
Do tell!


Until next time....happy reading!





6 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

oooh the Goblin Wars looks good. I love your toys. I recently found some toys from Where The Wild Things are which I love.

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

Hmm some new books for me. LOL they are cute. Yes a win win

Gina said...

Petty Witter: Doesn't it though? Can't wait to read it. YAY on the WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE toys....it's fun to expand the bookish love sometimes to things like this....especially the timeless classics. ^_^

Cleverly Inked: Alright! Love helping to add to others TBR lists..hehe.. ^_^

Melanie said...

Ooh, I've heard good things about Enthusiasm! Apparently it's somehow related to Pride and Prejudice. Happy reading!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Nice!
Elliott looks good :)

Gina said...

Melanie: Yep..and a definite interest after finishing my current read... ^_^

Juju: Agreed! Can't wait!

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader