Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

In My Shopping Bag (49)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.
Through her guidelines, your post does not actually have to be named the same and thus my post shall be..."In My Shopping Bag".  (just fits with the "foodie" theme a bit better in my humble opinion)
Let's see what's in the bag this week....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review

The Trust (A Secret Society Novel) by Tom Dolby
(ARC courtesy Melissa at HarperCollins)
Squee! *ahem* I was very happy to receive this one in the mail as I really enjoyed the first book (Secret Society...my review in case you're curious) in this series.  It doesn't release until February 2011 at this point, but needless to say I won't be waiting til then to read this one...



The Story of Little Red Riding Hood by The Brothers Grimm, Illustrated by Christopher Bing
(courtesy of Laura at Chronicle Books)
This is a wonderful rendition of the classic story known the world over.  I read it as soon as it arrived (hehe) so a review will be forth coming soon....



Othe Goose:  Re-Nurseried and Re-Rhymed Childrens Classics by J.otto Seibold
(courtesy of Laura at Chronicle Books)
Certainly not your classic nursery rhymes as you might remember them, but SO MUCH FUN!  Again, I read it the night it came in...readaholic is my middle name after all (or so I claim).


---------------------------------

Bought

The Edgar Dickens Trilogy, Book 2:  Dreadful Acts by Philip Ardagh
Now my only problem is finding the first one and the third one!  This little beauty was picked up at a local book clearance sale.  There it was sitting all by its lonesone...til one Insatiable Reader (moi) spotted it.  It sounds like a lot of fun and even says in the intro it can be read on it's own. 







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all for this week!
What did YOU get?
Do tell!


Until next time....happy reading!






5 comments:

The1stdaughter said...

Oh! I love the looks of the Dreadful Acts book, perfect for the season! Great haul this week! ;o)

Bri Ahearn said...

Can't wait for a review of the RED RIDING HOOD.

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

I need 2 read the 1st book of SS. gorgeous cover!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Fun and different picks :)

Gina said...

the1stdaughter: Exactly what I thought when I saw it! ^_^

Bri Meets Books: Oh yes...it's a lovely edition too.

Faye: Agreed! First one is as well.....

Juju: I try, I try. ^_^

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader