Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Monday, October 25, 2010

In My Shopping Bag (51)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.
Through her guidelines, your post does not actually have to be named the same and thus my post shall be..."In My Shopping Bag".  (just fits with the "foodie" theme a bit better in my humble opinion)
While I'm off having a bit of birthday fun, have a look inside my bag from last week....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review
Vixen by Jillian Larkin
(ARC courtesy of B&N First Look Book Club)
Okay, I admit it.  I read the first 15 pages the night it came.  You know what?  I'm not sorry either!  If the rest of the story is anything as good as the opening, it's going to be quite a treat.  This one is scheduled for release December of this year just in case you want to start making additions to your Wish List.




Not Just For Breakfast Anymore by P V Lundqvist
(courtesy of the author)
Though the title is rather curious, the story sounds like it's going to be pretty good, not to mention take a unique stance on a form of prejudice.  Will be reviewing this one in the coming months....



Pukka:  The Pup After Merle by Ted Kerasote
(courtesy of Anna Suknov at FSB Associates)
This looks like a wonderful book detailing Pukka's (and family) life complete with loads of pictures.  Can't wait to start....

 

 ----------------------------------


 Received

The Dog Who Couldn't Stop Loving by Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson
(courtesy of HarperCollins)
The publisher was running a contest for people to send in their pet pictures to be featured in the book trailer for this particular title and though my little fuzzies didn't make the final cut, they were kind enough to send us a copy of the book.  Will certainly be reading this one at some point.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all for this week!
What did YOU get?
Do tell!


Until next time....happy reading!



6 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Some great looking titles though I think I'l give the doggy ones a miss. I had a great week on my self imposed book buying ban but went to the pub yesterday where they have a book exchange scheme - needless to say I came home with a bag full so my tbr pile is back to where it started.

Tales of Whimsy said...

That last cover is SO precious and adorable. I love it.

The1stdaughter said...

Ahhh...lots of doggie love! These look fantastic and I'm totally envious of the Vixen pick up. Looks amazing!

Gina said...

Petty Witter: LOL! Sorry, not laughing AT you, just at the book buying ban success and then fail. It doesn't really seem to stick for most avid readers. ^_^ Happy reading!

Juju: Agreed!

The1stdaughter: Yep...this week went to the dogs...mostly. VIXEN so far is really good too!

Melanie said...

Vixen looks so good! B&N always has great books, and I always want to participate, but I restrain myself since I never seem to be able to read them on time.

Julie said...

ahhhhhh ... puppies!

Vixen looks very good, too!

Enjoy the reads!

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader