Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Taste Testing Tuesdays....on a Thursday (50)


Good morning (or whatever time it is where you are), everyone!
Welcome to another installment of Taste Testing Tuesdays here at Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers!  Taste Testing Tuesdays was inspired by 'Teaser Tuesdays', a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.  Normally seen on a Tuesday as the name dictates, this week's edition is on a Thursday.  Why?  Oh I could say I was simply trying to be creative or that I felt like it but the truth of the matter is I was so caught in the sharing my reviews of recent reads that I just plum forgot!  Anywho...
On the menu this week ... we have one book I just started yesterday and another I am just beginning to jump into today.  Shall we have a taste?
 
 

His brown eyes met my hazel ones and I could see he knew what was happening, knew he was moments from death.  He stared back at me, and in his expression I could see he was pleading desperately for help.  I was sure that the horror I saw in his eyes mirrored in my own.  -- pg 3, Intrinisical by Lani Woodland
 
So far...so good!  Curious where the story is going to go though since we jumped into the "action" so early on.  We shall see!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Gabrielle smirked spitefully as she thought angrily, who does she think she is talking to me like that?  Wouldn’t it be just so funny if that glass of water just spilled on that pretty little white blouse? -- pg 11, A Gabby Girls Adventure Novel:  The Secret of the Scarlet Stone by T.L. Clarke
I admit it, this is pretty much my first "taste" of this one, but already I think it's safe to say that I'm probably going to like this Gabrielle girl quite a bit.  ^_^
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR.* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 


 
Until next time....happy reading!


3 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

O wow. That first one is goooooooooood.

Gina said...

Juju: ^_^ The book is gooood too. Almost finished with it.

The1stdaughter said...

Wow! I'm with Juju! That first one sounds incredible! I cannot wait for your review, it really sounds like something I'd like. ;o)

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader