Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Taste Testing Tuesdays (49)


Good morning (or whatever time it is where you are), everyone!
Welcome to another installment of Taste Testing Tuesdays here at Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers!  Taste Testing Tuesdays was inspired by 'Teaser Tuesdays', a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading
On the menu this week ... one book I WILL be finishing at lunch....a YA recent release that putting a new spin on paranormal....and a third unexpected eBook add in perfect for this time of year.
Ready for a taste?

------------------------------------------




The picture of the three of them sleeping together that first night, illuminated by light outside the window, where a strong wind rustled the trees, imprinted itself indelibly in my memory.  Two young boys, backs to each other, curling hair against the pillows, and a little, white one-eared dog between them.  -- pg 112, Oogy by Larry Levin

Yep, this little cutie has been tagging along all week....will be finished at lunch.








Before she could give it too much thought, Heather unlocked the trunk with the button on the key remote.  In the dim light she could see the bright yellow handle and the pictogram explaining how to open the trunk from the inside.  She had always been curious about that as a kid.  -- pg 128, Crusade by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie

Vampires?  Check!  Werewolves?  Check!  Witches?  Check!  Humans with super human abilities?  Check!  Average humans STILL trying to kick butt?  Check!  This should be rather interesting....








 Apparently the wealthy elite had enough money and sense to climb back off the mountain when the leaves fell. Now the trees were knobby old crones and the slopes were nothing but brown and gray, the colors of dookie and death. -- pg 8, Speed Dating with the Dead by Scott Nicholson

See?  Told ya I'd be reading another of his books....and so far?  It's good and a great read for this time of year....












~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR.* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 


 
Until next time....happy reading!

9 comments:

Christina / Book Addict said...

Great teasers. I especially want to read Crusade. Enjoy all your books.

Jenny said...

Can't wait to see what you think of Crusade, I've read some great reviews of it and have it on my list:) And that dog has the cutest face ever, I want to take him home so he can play with my boys!

Tales of Whimsy said...

I have a thing for closed trunks too. Each one makes me long to open it.

My TT hints at 1/2 angels :)

Gina said...

Christina: Ooh..yes. That one is going well so far too! Did you check out the author's online convo earlier? If not, I believe they are on tomorrow too...

Jenny: Awesome! Another one curious on that title... ~whispers~ you may want to check out the giveaway on Friday this week...just sayin...
Definitely agree on Oogy...he's so cute! Hate what happened to him, but his life there after is amazing. Yay Oogy!

Juju: That could prove dangerous though! O_O Off to check out your teaser...

dollycas aka Lori said...

Just stopping by to say hello!!

Mardel said...

Hi, I loved your teasers. I also love that you put more than one book up - I usually do a few and then worry that I'm over-doing it, so I'm glad you do the same thing. :) All three books sound very interesting.

Gina said...

dollycas: Hi!

Mardel: Glad to hear it...and nope, I don't consider it over doing it either. I mean, I'm in the process of reading all three right now, so why not...right? Happy reading! ^_^

Wrighty said...

Oooh, great choices! I've been seeing Crusade a lot of places and it looks good!

I haven't been blogging or visiting much this month so I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. Your blog looks awesome (as always!) and I always find the best books, information, contests and other goodies here. You're hard work is noticed and appreciated! :)

Gina said...

Wrighty: It is! About 2/3 (maybe a smidge more) the way through right now...definitely good. Nice to see you back in the blogosphere and thank you SO MUCH for the kind words. Totally made my day. ^_^

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader