Happy Friday fellow readers!
It's time to say goodbye to another week and start putting into action your long awaited weekend plans...hopefully you've something good to look forward too (if not, this post will DEFINITELY help in that area...keep reading...).
As I was returning from a dentist appointment yesterday (just the routine teeth cleaning that we all LOVE so much...right?), I was listening to the radio. Now that's a rather common occurrence as I generally have some form of music on while in the car and could probably me caught singing along to it was well at any given time, but hey, it's my car, I'll sing (off or on key) if I want to. *ahem* Anywho...I was going through my preset stations trying to find something of interest when I stumbled across something unusual, strange, mind boggling, and.....EARLY. The discovery? One of our local stations has apparently changed over to their annual non-stop, 24 hour, 7 days a week schedule of....CHRISTMAS MUSIC.
Yep...you read that correctly.
As alarming as this might seem since it's not even Thanksgiving yet, if you really think about it...it's not all that far away. The official countdown begins earlier and earlier each year and while I'm all for celebrating each holiday as it comes, you can't help getting into the spirit of the season once November hits so I say...BRING IT ON! I'm ready and (fairly) willing to deck the halls, trim a tree (okay maybe not that quite yet, but in about two weeks, I'm all over that), and make a list to share and check twice.
No, I'm not Santa Claus and yes, he's usually the one making the list (and checking it twice, gonna find out who's naug...oh, sorry...), but today I get to make one and you're going to want to pay close attention to what's on there. Why? Well for the bookish suggestions of course, after all one person's interest can spark your own imagination...oh, and did I mention there's a chance to win involved?
Thanks to the great folks over at Chronicle Books, you have a unique opportunity to win your very own bookish haul. You see, book bloggers (in this case, moi) have been given the opportunity to create a post highlighting the event (as in the one you're reading) as well as their wish list of Chronicle titles valued at a whopping $500 (I'll give you a moment to close any dropped jaws...no worries, I had the same reaction.), all for a chance to win that same said list. (SQUEEEEE!)
As if that news could possibly get any better (trust me, it can and is about to), for those that either do not have a blog or the chance to make a post, you still have a chance to win! The main event website will have a listing of all the blogs participating...your job? Visit the sites, check out the post, the wish list, and leave a comment. If the blog you entered on happens to be chosen as the winner, YOU win a set of the books on the wish list too! Would you like to see what's on MY WISH LIST? I thought you might.
My Chronicle Books Haul-iday Wish List
- Large Ruled Moleskine Red Notebook ($17.95)
Let's blame this on my need for note paper...and a certain YA book I read recently.
Really...what reader wouldn't want this?
- Dracula's Heir: An Interactive Mystery Quirk Books By Sam Stall ($24.95)
Call me crazy but I still love the interactive nature of books like this! It's a dose of childhood mixed with a continuation of a classic work...sounds good.
- The Crimes of Dr. Watson: An Interactive Sherlock Holmes Mystery Quirk Books By John H. Watson, M.D., Edited and with an Introduction by Duane Swiercyznski ($24.95)
Once again, it's interactive and with Sherlock Holmes, how can you go wrong!
- The Whitby Witches by Robin Jarvis ($17.95)
Book one in what sounds like a fun (and spooky) children's series...
- Olive, the Other Reindeer (Deluxe Edition) By J.otto Seibold and Vivian Walsh ($19.99)
Had to choose at least one Christmas time title...and this one looks oh so cute.
- Emily The Strange ($12.95)
I bought a tote bag a while back with this quirky character...definitely need to check out the book.
- So Cute You Could Die! puppies, kitties, bunnies galore! Quirk Books By Jennie Summers ($9.95)
Well if the name didn't say it all, the priceless pup picture on the front sure did. All together now....awwwww!
- Never Bite When a Growl Will Do by Michael Nastasi ($14.95)
Cute pups and fun quotes...yep, sounds like fun!
- Michael Chiarello's Bottega by Michael Chiarello ($40.00)
This one has "gift" written all over it for a certain person I know...which shall remain nameless right now, just in case I happen to win a copy (shhhh...it's a secret)...
- Tote Bag 2010 ($2.99)
Okay, can you really ever have too many bookish bags? I think not. ^_^
- Cath Kidston Recipe Organizer by Cath Kidston ($19.95)
Hmm...this one would pair rather nicely with that aforementioned cookbook... *devises wrapping options*
- Ticket Stub Diary By Eric Epstein ($14.95)
I didn't even know they made these! Perfect for my packrat-ish ways with keeping tickets from events I've been to...
- Olive, the Other Reindeer doll ($7.95)
This would be a perfect match with the book listed earlier...and he's so cute!
- Extreme Encounters How It Feels to Be Drowned in Quicksand, Shredded by Piranhas, Swept Up in a Tornado, and Dozens of Other Unpleasant Experiences--Quirk Books By Greg Emmanuel ($15.95)
An odd choice you say? Maybe...but I know a few that would find this one rather interesting...
- Disney 2012 Daily Calendar: A Year of Animation ($14.99)
Beauty, fun, AND function combined...plus I totally need one for my desk!
- The Small Object Sticky Notes By Sarah Neuburger ($9.95)
Speaking of fun and function...these have to be some of the most fun sticky notes I've seen! Perfect for jotting down notes while reading....
- How to Survive a Horror Movie All the Skills to Dodge the Kills Quirk Books By Seth Grahame-Smith ($14.95)
Perhaps the wrong season is invoked with this one, but come on...it sounds like fun, right?
- The Ivy and Bean Secret Treasure Box: Includes Book 1, Book 2, Book 3, and a Cool Secret Surprise! By Annie Barrows, Illustrated by Sophie Blackall ($19.95)
Now this nifty little set has books 1 - 3 of the popular series...sounds like a great gift plus a way to check out what all the buzz is about!
- Ivy and Bean Boxed Set 2 Books 4, 5, and 6 Boxed set By Annie Barrows, Illustrated by Sophie Blackall ($19.99)
Ooh, look! The story continues....
- Stereobook: Dinosaurs By Dennis Schatz ($24.99)
What can I say? I'm a kid at heart and when I was younger, I had a thing for dinosaurs after going to the Museum of Natural History. Still have the dino tote bag we bought too... hehe....
- Holiday Collection ($37.99)
Containing such whimsical titles as The Dinosaurs Night Before Christmas, A Nutty Nutcracker, and Christmas with Rita and Whatsit how can I resist!
- Sleeping Beauty Illustrated by K.Y. Craft ($15.99)
The classic story with beautiful artistic renderings...right up my alley.
- Thirteen O'Clock by James Stimson ($15.95)
The cover alone intrigues....
- Broadway Barks (Blue Apple Books) By Bernadette Peters, Illustrated by Liz Murphy ($17.95)
Oh, this looks like a great little story...and I love the dog pictured on the cover...so cute.
- Paul Frank Sticky Notes By Paul Frank Industries ($9.95)
Paul Frank AND sticky notes...nuff said.
- Speak Italian The Fine Art of the Gesture By Bruno Munari ($14.95)
With my family's Italian background, this should prove to be quite funny.
- Lincoln in 3-D Amazing and Rare Stereoscopic Photographs of His Life and Times By Bob Zeller and John J. Richter, Prologue by Harold Holzer ($35.00)
This was one historical figure that I did a MASSIVE report on when I was in school (seriously, the teacher even took it home over the summer to re-read it...and yes, it was that long too) so naturally, this had to make the list.
So...in a nutshell...
- Read this post, review my wish list, and leave a comment to enter
- Visit the main site to check out all the other fabulous blogs participating and repeat the step above
It's Chronicle Books Haul-idays celebration and it's in full swing!
Winners will be announced on December 13th according to the official rules so what are you waiting for? Ho HO ho! I mean...GO go Go!
Until next time....happy reading!