Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Monday, December 27, 2010

In My Shopping Bag (60)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.
Through her guidelines, your post does not actually have to be named the same and thus my post shall be..."In My Shopping Bag".  (just fits with the "foodie" theme a bit better in my humble opinion)
Let's see what's inside this week...



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For Review
It was a very Peachtree Publishers week at my house when a lovely package arrived containing the following four gems....
The Library Dragon by Carmen Agra Deedy
Doesn't this one look like fun?  *nods*...and they sent a SIGNED copy no less!
The Boy Who Was Raised by Librarians by Carla Morris
Once again, it is really any wonder why I chose this book?  ^_^



The Horned Toad Prince by Jackie Mimms Hopkins
This take on the classic frog prince tale looks like it's going to have quite a few laughs....just look at that face!




13 Monsters Who Should Be Avoided by Kevin Shortsleeve
This book had a curiously creepy air to it...can't wait to see what the guide on the cover there has to share with us.


-----------------------------------------------------------
Won
SIGNED Book of Spells/She's So Dead to Us bookmark from author Kieran Scott
(won via Twitter contest held by the author herself)
Yay for author/bookish swag! ~happy dance~
 The Night Before Christmas in Africa by Jesse, Hannah, and Carroll Foster
(via Twitter contest from Pelican Publishing)
This one came just in time for a read and review on Christmas Eve...how perfect can you get?  Check out my review right here...



The Demon Ttrapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver
I admit it, I cheated when this one came.  I read the first chapter or two.  So far, looks good!  Gotta love the first demon she encounters...right after our bookish hearts.  The publisher of this little beauty is MacMillan and St. Martin Griffin; the release date is set for February 2011.



Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
(won via awesome contest from Christa at You Never Know What You're Gonna Get)
I was so jazzed when I found out I won a copy of this book.  Seriously!  I wanted to read it ever since I saw the movie...even though a few bookish friends have warned me about the ending....still have to discover it for myself.  Be sure to check out Christa's blog!  Lots of fun to be had...



----------------------------------------------------

Received

With it being Christmas weekend and all, of course there is much fun to share on the "received" end of things.  Received the awesome Harry Potter book that takes a look behind the scenes of all the movies with pullouts, a snuggie type blanket that *ahem* looks like a Hogwart's uniform, specifically Gryfinndor (YAY!), and a few other odds and ends of fun...but...there is one totally unexpected bit of awesomeness that a good blogger friend sent me I simply must share....

First, a nifty sheet of bookish gift wrap....then a copy of Dash & Lily's Book of Dares...sounds great, right?  It gets even better....take a closer look at the cover (below)...


...yep.  See that little sticker?  It's a copy from the infamous STRAND...and as if it could get any better....(see below)

...its SIGNED!
~twirl~SQUEE~twirl~
^_^

Thank you thank you thank you to my very good friend Danielle (you may know her better on Twitter as the1stdaughter or perhaps you've seen her awesome-tastic site...There's A Book).  All your kind words and "chin ups" over the year have gotten us through some tough times....many hugs and wishes for the best holiday, nay the best year for you and your family in 2011.
{HUGS}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 
That's all for this week!
What did YOU get?
Do tell!


Until next time....happy reading!



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome!!! I love your signed Dash & Lily, I'm reading it now and I'm loving this book soooo much. Also very jealous about your Harry Potter, I love anything HP related. Great week for you, Enjoy!! =D

Anonymous said...

Thanks! for sharing

Alexia561 said...

How cool that you received a signed copy of Dash & Lily's Book of Dares! I loved that book! Happy reading!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Oooo so much great stuff!

Gina said...

Cynthia: *smile* Yes, the signed book was an awesome surprise and the HP stuff...icing on the cake. Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Tribute Books Mama: ^_^

Alexia561: Me too! Definitely cool....and happy reading to you as well!

Juju: *nods* ^_^

The1stdaughter said...

Yay! I'm so happy you received your gift! When I saw it I knew you had to have it. :o)

And thank you. I wouldn't be where I am without you either and I'm grateful to count among my friends. I definitely hope your 2011 is filled with wonderful days and many fantastic surprises. You deserve the very best! {{Hugs}} right back!

PS...your post reminds me I need to send my request back to Peachtree! Thanks! ;o)

Gina said...

the1stdaughter: A true bookish friend indeed. Glad I could remind you of the email...LOL...I just remembered myself a few days ago. ^_^

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader