Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year Resolutions + Contest!


So, here we are.
Counting down the final hours to the New Year yet?
I thought so.
How about those New Year resolutions...come up with anything?
Yeah, me neither...but you might might to pull out the thinking cap...

Many of you reading this are fellow "readers" (like moi), however there are also many aspiring writer's amongst you (unlike moi...at least at the moment).  A few weeks ago when going through the bookish goodness in my mailbox, I came upon an ARC gem sent to me by the folks over at Workman Publishing.  Since it's arrival, it has reached that coveted "published" status but alas, it's simply not a title for my own reading/reviewing interests...though I think it might be for some of YOU.  The way I figure it, why let a good book sit unread?  So...calling all aspiring authors...this one's for YOU!

The prize...
(1) ARC of The Essential Guide to Getting Your Book Published by Arielle Eckstut and David Henry Sterry
(published by Workman Publishing)



How to enter...
Fill out this FORM.



*BONUS ENTRY*
(You'll have a few options on the form but to get you started...)
It's that time of year.  The time we make New Year's resolutions.  Care to share one of yours?
Leave your answer in the comments for one extra entry...but remember you MUST fill out the form as well in order for it to count.




The rules...
*Open to US/Canada mailing addresses only!  No P. O. Boxes please.
* Entries will be accepted from Thursday, December 30th, 2010 through Sunday, January 9th, 2011 at midnight CST.  The entries will be tallied and entered into the random.org randomizer, after which a random number will be picked by their number generator.  (This way all the entries are mixed up nicely.)
* All entries must be submitted using the form accessible through this post.  You MUST include your email address in order to be counted as well as contacted should you be chosen as the winner!
*The winner will be announced and contacted via email by Monday, January 10th, 2011 and will have 48 hours to respond with their mailing address.  Should they fail to respond in the given time frame, a new winner will be chosen.  If you choose to include your full name and mailing address in your contest entry, no worries....the time frame issue is erased.
*Winner's name and address will be used by me for prize send out only and then discarded.
 

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 

Until next time...happy holidays...and happy reading!


25 comments:

PoCoKat said...

New Years Resolution: to find a fulfilling job.

Shy said...

Are you celebrating the new year tonight? We just crossed the 2010 finished line in Malaysia! Hope that you have a great time tonight and watch tonnes of great fireworks =)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm passing on the Stylish Blogger Award to you. If you don't do awards, that's ok. I just wanted you to know I enjoy your blog. If you do, you can visit me at Tribute Books Mama to find out what to do for the award.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2010/12/stylish-blogger-award.html

Happy New Year!
Mary Ann

Tales of Whimsy said...

What a great idea :) I love it. Happy New Year!

(not an entry)

Sage Ravenwood said...

My news year resolution this year is to get an agent for my current WIP. Thanks for the opportunity. (Hugs)Indigo

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I also hope to find a literary agent this year. It would be my BIGGEST goal, but really just writing more is a small one.

-lauren

Angelique said...

To read 100 books.
And to start writing 1.

Meredith said...

To read some of these books I've been collecting!

debbie said...

My new year's resolution is to write.
twoofakind12@yahoo.com

tina said...

my new years resolution is to be over all healthier in my decision and to be more creative in life weezee_36_2002@yahoo.com

The1stdaughter said...

Great contest!

As for a resolution...I've got a few, but most exciting would be my hope that a business idea will pan out eventually helping my hubby to work from home like he would like to. We'll see. *Fingers crossed* and nose to the good old grind stone!

What about you???

laura klassen said...

My resolution is to read at least 5 books this year...

Gina said...

Wow..looks like this one is popular. ^_^ Loving the resolutions guys...I see reading, writing, and general "satisfaction" aspirations in there. Great mix...and definitely inspiring....

Elle said...

One is to lose weight of course. Another is to keep my floors swept. You wouldn't think that would be difficult but I have a hard time managing it.

Eric Rogers said...

My resolution is to make at least one goal each week on Sunday and revisit it at the end of the week to see how I am doing.

Carol Lawrence And Stacy Toten said...

Exercise more and try the Gerson therapy way of eating for three weeks and then continue to incorporate more raw food into my diet.
~ Carol
wolfpackmt@msn.com

____ said...

Thanks so much for this giveaway. As a wannabe author and a current publicist, this is exactly the book I need!

____ said...

Oh, and my resolution is to read all my "To Be Read" books, and, of course, loose weight!

catnap said...

Bookwise, reading those unread books in that pile over there, and taking the ones I'm done with to the library's used book store, thus freeing up shelf space for...more books.

Anonymous said...

eat cleaner.
weigh less.
tattgiff at centurytel dot net

Jennifer L. said...

My resolutions include: make more money, start a blog and do more fun and interesting things with my son.
jentam777 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

My resolution is to make my blog successful and to better organize myself...heavensent1@yahoo dotcom

Jodi Webb said...

Straighten the closets! Three down, four to go.

webbJM AT verizon DOT net

Carol Lawrence And Stacy Toten said...

Thank you for the book! It is loaded in information. I've been trying to figure out the ebook world, so this is perfect.
I wrote a little post about it.
http://www.intentionalconsciousparenting.com/2011/01/im-winner.html
Thanks again, Carol

Gina said...

Carol and Stacy: Congratulations on the win once again! May it serve you well.... ^_^

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader