Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Taste Testing Tuesdays (55) ... on a Wednesday


Good morning (or whatever time it is where you are), everyone!
Welcome to another installment of Taste Testing Tuesdays here at Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers!  Taste Testing Tuesdays was inspired by 'Teaser Tuesdays', a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.  Normally seen on Tuesday as the title implies, this week it shifts to Wednesday but no worries...you still get your taste.
On the menu this week ... one book that is turning out to be much better than I anticipated and one that is sort of lingering.  Ready for a taste?
------------------------------------------------------

I thought about why I'd come.  The circus was about to get away.  And if I didn't get away with it, I might spend the rest of my life wondering about its secret.  I might never find out what was troubling Mom deep down.
-- pg 41, The Wandbearer Trilogy, Book One:  Juggler in the Wind by Wim Coleman and Pat Perrin
  
 I wasn't sure what to expect with this one, but so far...pleasantly surprised!  About halfway through right now, can't wait to see what happens...





But no problem proved more vexing than Rhett Butler's exit line in the movie's closing scene, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."  Hay's censors objected, of course.  In reponse, MGM suggested some alternatives:  "I don't give a hoot," "I just don't care," "It's all the same to me," "It is of no consequence," and "My indifference is boundless."  To placate Hays, the studio actually filmed an alternate take in which Rhett Butlertells Scarlett O'Hara, "My dear, I don't care."  It was as if Lady Macbeth has said "Out darned spot!"  Fortunately, MGM stood its ground and won.
-- pg 53 - 54, Euphemania by Ralph Keyes (ARC)
If you haven't already guessed, that passage was in reference to the movie Gone With the Wind.  Can you imagine the ending being any different than it was?  I mean really....the impact that one little phrase has is huge and to change to it one of the other "nice" phrases.... *shakes head*
     
   
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

 
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR.* 

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 
Until next time....happy reading!


2 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Juggler in the Wind? I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of it :)

The1stdaughter said...

Oh my goodness! Can you even imagine what would have happened if that story with Gone With the Wind would have been changed? So many things just wouldn't be the same. Funny how a single word can change so many things.

Love the choices for this post!

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader