Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Monday, March 12, 2012

In My Shopping Bag

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.
Through her guidelines, your post does not actually have to be named the same and thus my post shall be..."In My Shopping Bag".  (just fits with the "foodie" theme a bit better in my humble opinion)
Let's take a peek inside my shopping bag this week....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review


Blood of Eden, Book 1:
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
(courtesy of Karen at Media Masters Publicity)
Recognize that author name?  I thought you might.  Though I haven't read the infamous series she's known for, I've heard enough about it and since this one is an entirely NEW series, I'm curious to see her talent first hand.  Scheduled release for this title is April 24th, 2012 from Harlequin Teen.  Here's a little more about this upcoming series starter....

 
You will kill. The only question is when.

In the dark days since the insidious Red Lung virus decimated the human population, vampires have risen to rule the crumbling cities and suburbs. Uncontested Princes hold sway over diminished ranks of humans: their "pets." In exchange for their labor, loyalty and of course, their blood, these pets are registered, given food and shelter, permitted to survive.

Unregistered humans cling to the fringe, scavenging for survival. Allison Sekemoto and her fellow Unregistereds are hunted, not only by vampires, but by rabids, the unholy result of Red Lung-infected vampires feeding on unwary humans. One night, Allie is attacked by a pack of rabids, saved by an unlikely hero...and turned vampire.

Uncomfortable in her undead skin, Allie falls in with a ragtag crew of humans seeking a cure, or cures: for Rabidism and for Vampirism. She's passing for human...for now. But the hunger is growing and will not be denied. Not for friendship—not even for love.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





That's it for this week.
 
 So what do you think? 
What did YOU get?
Do tell!



Until next time....happy reading!



5 comments:

Kate the Book Buff said...

I can't get over this cover! I've seen it floating around and it is so striking!

-Kate the Book Buff
Recent Post: Kate's Mailbox Adventure, or, How My Heart Was Stomped on by a Video Game

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

OOoo, I do want to hear your thoughts on that one! :) I want it. :) Hope you enjoy!

Gina said...

Kate: Agreed!

Melissa: Will happily share them... ^_^

Alexia561 said...

Yea! You got The Immortal Rules! Really looking forward to reading this one, so might not be able to hold off starting it any longer! Enjoy!

Gina said...

Alexia561: I know what you mean! *glances at book...again*

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader