Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Friday, April 19, 2013

An idea I'm totally behind...: A Dog for Everyone by Katrina Streza


Hi there!

It's Friday here at Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers (and assumedly for many of you as well) and I don't know about you but I'm glad the weekend is upon us.  Yep.  Even though I've got to work both days, it's only job 2 so that makes a world of difference...planning on getting in some relaxing time - maybe a movie, definitely some reading.  How about you?  Any big plans for the weekend?  Go ahead, you can share.  Inspire us!  ^_^  Anywho...

Today's book of choice is a newish ebook release from the folks at Xist Publishing that stars a critter I simply adore.  Any guesses?  I'll give you one, with a BIG clue...fur babies!  ^_^  If you said DOGS, than BINGO...you're correct!  (If not, it's okay...I won't hold it against you... *smirk*)  Yes, we all know I love my little fur babies and I think they might even be fans of this book...some taking a diva attitude perhaps in having a likeness of them included.  (*ahem*)  Without further ado, today's ebook of choice is....


by
Katrina Streza

It's a rhyming adventure from start to finish with a goodly amount of the furry little guys depicted within.  I can actually see it as a great way to introduce little ones to many of the breeds that exist when they start to show interest in having one of their own...or perhaps even before.  As you move forward in the text, you learn a bit about what the types featured look like (often in a humorous way...like the Bulldog looking "old, but he's younger than you dad!" ~smirk~) and more often than not, something specific to the breed (like how Poodles are actually "bright hunting dogs"...something I did not actually know!).  Each two page spread notes the facts, the fun, and provides you with a visual of the pup at hand.  Some are sweet, some fluffy, some ready to jump off the page and play...but they are all great depictions of the little guys and will help to associate the breed with the actual dog when viewed in person.

My favorites?  Hard to choose really, especially since I have one or two of those starring here, but picture wise I have to say I thought the Dachshund was ADORABLE and the Basset Hound, a hoot!  Just look at that face...he looks like he's about to stand up and speak!  My absolute FAVORITE PASSAGE though, hands...excuse me, paws down, would be the one referencing shelter dogs.  There are so many fur babies looking for their second chance for many a reason.  Who can say no if at all possible to give one of these little (or BIG) guys a new forever home?

So, to conclude my little love fest for fur babies and draw to an end my look at this picture ebook, I'd have to say it's a great starting place to discover who's who of the doggy world.  It explores the different types, attitudes and responsibilities that go along with them without inundating young minds with TOO much information at once.  It let's them revel in the joy of their decision to ask for a pup, while enlightening them to the fact that they are more then just a toy...they are living creatures; a point that parents will appreciate ten fold I'm sure.

Special thanks Calee at Xist Publishing for the ebook review copy.  (THANKS!)  For more information on site or follow along on Twitter.  This ebook is available now so seek thee out a copy at an online retailer of your choosing.  Need a starting point?  Check out Amazon and Xist Publishing directly.
this title as well as their growing catalog, be sure to stop by their

Until next time..happy reading!



1 comment:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

This sounds so cute! :) And I'm a sucker for dogs. lol.

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader