Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Sunday, February 16, 2014

For the love of....CATS! I Could Pee on This by Francesco Marciuliano

Why hello again!
Welcome back to the site that’s taking February one love filled day at a time, only bookishly….Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers.

Today’s love fest features those cute, cuddly-wuddly, masters of heights, tight spaces and landing on their feet….CATS.  That’s right.  Felines.  Kittens.  Meow masters.  Those whiskered critters that many of us call friend are loose today and wreaking havoc…while bringing a smile to faces near and far.  So get ready to be put in your place by some four legged personas that know they are the cat’s meow.  Today’s book of choice is….


…and Other Poems by Cats
By
Francesco Marciuliano
9781452110585
Chronicle Books

If I don’t already have your attention with the title, than the picture on the cover is sure to do you in.  I mean, I’m not even a cat person per se (sure they’re cute, but they are also very independent…give me a dog any day of the week that misses me even if I step out for second like it’s been a week) and from page one, I was hooked.  Don’t believe me?  Think I’m over exaggerating about the hair ball-ish wit and wisdom within, do you?  Okay then, I call your bluff and raise you a smile over a shared glass of milk (because really, what would be more appropriate to share with a cat?).  Take a look at a few of my favorite picks from this tabby filled wonder…





‘I Could Pee on This’, Pg 12 – How can you not pay a little homage to the poem that would be so enduring it stuck as the title?  Well, you couldn’t…and neither could I.  If the passage wasn’t enough to make you smile, combine it with the adorable fluffy kitty staring out from the right hand page.  Adorable…and yet, slightly vindictive.
 
‘My Life is Ruined’, Pg 35 – A special moment between cat and human…and the human has to go blabbing about it on Facebook.  Ugh!  What is the world coming to.  Did they not think how the cat would feel about that particular share?  Well, obviously not since we are reading about the cat’s displeasure in print now…

‘And Now We Know’, Pg 59 – An official toilet paper sheet counter, that’s what this cat is.  Though I can’t attest to this being a regular activity of cats personally, upon polling a few friends…I was met with maniacal laughter.  So, short of them all having lost their minds, I do believe this tail may be true….

‘Tiny Boxes’, Pg 66 – What’s cuter than a kitten in a box?  A kitten trying to get OUT of same said tiny box.  No really, with an accompanying photo.  Words cannot express the level of cuteness this provides.


So, are you convinced?  Have you seen the catnip tinged delights that await you within the pages of this little bookish wonder?  The few I’ve mentioned were my personal favorites, but there are many more to choose from, if you should feel the need to do so.  Go ahead, feel the need.  I’m not judging…in fact, I’m applauding!  It may take a lot of restraint to avoid looking at this feel good read throughout the course of your natural day, but really….who cares about all that!?!  Restraint be darned in this case and read it cover to cover or flip to a random passage when in need of a smile.  Trust me, you won’t be sorry.


Recommended for cat lovers, poetry fans and smile-seekers of various ages; younger ones will appreciate the pictures, older ones, the sentiments shared as well.  Special thanks to the fab folks at Chronicle Books for the review copy.  (THANKS!)  To read more on this fur trimmed release as well as their full catalog (including books with and without kittens), be sure to stop by their official site or follow along on Twitter.

Until next time…happy reading!





2 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is one of the most popular books in our middle school/high school library. The cat owners can relate (especially my husband and I to the "I could pee on this" poem), the poem cracks everyone up, and the everybody seems to enjoy it.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Cute! Not for me but I know several people who would love this. Great review.

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader