Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Taste Testing Tuesdays (66)


Good morning (or whatever time it is where you are), everyone!
Welcome to another installment of Taste Testing Tuesdays here at Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers!  Taste Testing Tuesdays was inspired by 'Teaser Tuesdays', a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading
On the menu this week...one book I'm working my way through slowly as I'm sharing the reading experience with another...and another book I'm just going to be craking the spine on a little later today, so YOU get the first look.  Shall we have a taste?
---------------------------------------------



Snapper looks pretty harmless, if you're one of those people who consider little third-grade girls harmless.  But everybody at my school knows better.
-- pg 83, The Fourth Stall by Chris Rylander

You've got to the love the cover, let alone the name of this one.  It's a middle school tribute to the classic...The Godfather.  So far, the book has been funny, dramatic, and down right dangerous at times...in a nutshell:  GOOD.  Can't wait to see what happens with this (guy or girl...we don't know, but I have my suspicions) Staples. 









I took my time getting showered and dressed, knowing that there was very little else I was going to do that day.  I stood shivering in the avocado-colored bath as hot water trickled down with all the power of baby drool, and I longed for my pink iridescent mosaic-tiled wet room with six power-shower jets and a plasma TV in the wall.
-- pg 45, The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern (ARC)

Well it sounds to me like someone is homesick...or at least shower sick...LOL.  This is the one I'll be starting this afternoon, so not much to say about it yet, except that I loved movie rendition of the author's previously published book P.S. I Love You (such a tear jerker but oh so sweet) and have high hopes for this one. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR.* 

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 
Until next time....happy reading!





2 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

My message to the voice in the second teaser: who doesn't darling? I want that the room you're describing too :)

Great teaser :)

The1stdaughter said...

I loved the second book! It was really so so good. And I'm also reading the first one. :o) Funny how that happens. Enjoy!

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader