Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Taste Testing Tuesdays (73)


Good morning (or whatever time it is where you are), everyone!
Welcome to another installment of Taste Testing Tuesdays here at Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers!  Taste Testing Tuesdays was inspired by 'Teaser Tuesdays', a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading
On the menu this week...a new book that celebrated its book birthday today and although I'm only about 17 pages in, I'm already loving it.  Ready for a taste? 


---------------------------------------
Just ahead, he could see the dark swath of the river. And then everything seemed to happen at once: the old man gunned the engine, the last figure attached itself to the door, the roof was ripped open so the night air poured in; perhaps the only thing that didn't change was the children, who slept on, thankfully oblivious.
-- pg 6, The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens (ARC)

Exciting isn't it?  That's not even the BEST part of what I've read so far.  To check out more about this exciting new series that makes its book one debut today, check out the official website.  Trust me, it's worth the click....




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR.* 

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Until next time....happy reading!

8 comments:

Christina / Book Addict said...

Thanks for sharing this. There's been a lot of buzz lately about this book. I am thinking my students would really like it. I hope you are enjoying it!

Gina said...

Christina: I have to say, so far...I'd agree! With it being the start of a new series too, lots more adventure to come.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, good teaser. I think my daughter might enjoy this one.

April said...

Love the teaser!!! *sigh* I am going to have to go and check this one out now. It looks perfect for my daughter (and of course her mommy will have to read it as well, lol)!!

Gina said...

carolsnotebook: Good deal!

April: *high five* So far...it's really good! Reached pg 66 and definitely can't wait for next reading break. ^_^

The1stdaughter said...

Oh! Guess what showed up randomly in my mailbox yesterday? Yep! You guessed it, this very book! Yay! So glad to hear you're loving it. It sounds fantastic!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Wow. Great teaser.

Here is my TT :)

Gina said...

the1stdaughter: Really? How funny and fabulous! I think you'll really like it. Had a littlemore reading time last night and now I'm halfway through the book. ^_^

Juju: Thanks!

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader