Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Dina's Tea-Time by Julia Dweck

Hi there!
Welcome back to the Saturday edition of Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers....the place that aims to bring you bookish delights every day of the week!  Today's featured title is no different, in fact it brings the treats in more ways than one, but my overall experience with it was...a bit less than expected.  Curious to find out more?  Well, since we all know what they say about the cat and curiosity, let's get to it, shall we?  Today's book of choice is....



by
illustrated by
Patricia Saco

Can you imagine?  A tea party with....DINOSAURS!  I can, although I'm seeing a room with A LOT of broken china and a severe lack of pinkies raised while drinking.  *-*  Still, it sounds like a hi-ho time...especially when you take a look at the guest list as they get duded up in their tea-timey best.

As much as I loved a few of the author's other works, I gotta say this one....not so much.  It wasn't bad, in fact it was quite cute especially since I loved dinosaurs as a child (and still do) after visiting the Museum of Natural History; I can TOTALLY see how this story will capture the attention of the younger set...it just lacked a little of the sparkle her tales usually hold.  What exactly?  I can't quite put my finger on.  Was it the repeating phrase of "some thing is missing"?  Was it the lengthy stream of party guests showing up late?  *wears scrunchy thinking face*  While they were factors in my "final thoughts", there wasn't ONE thing that just shut the door on my experience...hence, why I didn't not like this one, just not as much as I had hoped.  Getting back to greener pastures....

While the story was creative, the illustrations were the cherry on top.  A more muted color scheme roams these digital pages, but it doesn't take away from the dolled up Dina in little party dress or the T-Rex with her hat and bag.  You can't help but laugh out out loud just a smidge at the wigs and lipstick though....it's funny but it's adorable!  ^_^

So, my fair readers....would I recommend this ebook story?  Certainly...just maybe predominantly for the younger kiddos as opposed to the wider audience her other titles embraced.  That being said, I can't neglect to mention the awesomeness that is included to extent the reading adventure....that's right, recipes!  The final pages reveal all the delicious goodies that the dino party goers brought to tea time in their full "how-to" colors so that you too can throw a dino-mite party....just don't forget the "tea-rex"!  (^_^)

Ebook for review courtesy of author Julia Dweck.  (THANKS!)  For more information on this title as well as her full catalog of ebooks, be sure to visit her official website, check her out over on Amazon, like her on Facebook or follow along on Twitter.

Until next time...happy reading!



6 comments:

DMS said...

The pictures do look cute! I thought your review was great and I loved your honesty. It sounds like a book young kids will get a kick out of- especially if they are into dinosaurs. :)
~Jess

Tales of Whimsy said...

Oh it's SO cute. I'm sooo gonna get Baby Whimsy a Kindle some day.

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Well this looks too cute, now to find a cute kid to buy it for!

Alexia561 said...

Looks like a cute read, but I do think there would be an awful lot of broken china!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

What an adorable cover, sorry to hear this didn't quite match up to the authors other books.

Gina said...

DMS: Thanks...and definitely agreed! ^_^

Juju: Wouldn't surprise me... LOL.

kimbacaffeinate: LOL!

Alexia561: DEFINITELY! Do not envy cleaning up after that party!

Petty Witter: Cie la vie! It happens...but I can definitely see this being someone else's cup of tea.

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader