Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Taste Testing Tuesdays



Good morning (or whatever time it is where you are), everyone!
Welcome to another installment of Taste Testing Tuesdays here at Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers! Taste Testing Tuesdays was inspired by 'Teaser Tuesdays', a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. 

On the menu this week...an ebook I'm reading through faster than anticipated (good stuff!) and I'm delighted to share with you today.  Ready for a taste?  Here it comes....





by
Mary Parker


Alex nodded.
He pulled his hand from my grasp, and placed it on my cheek, soothing me like I was a little girl who skinned her knee.
"lee, you are important to everyone here.  I can't tell you how important."
-- pg 146



The faces of everyone in the room flashed through my mind.  They wanted to use me, each and every one of them.  My family.  Alex.  Peach.  They each wanted me to side with them; with their realm.  Not one of them really cared about me.
-- pg 185




Hmm...okay, so Lee is OBVIOUSLY important but as to the why, how and what happens next, I've not a clue yet!  So far, the reading is good, the flow is steady and the pace is nice.  Where it will take us is yet to be determined....but the surprise is half the fun sometimes.  ^_^



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

*Grab your current read 

*Open to a random page 

*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 

*Share the title & author, too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Until next time....happy reading!








6 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

O the second is so sad. Poor gal. Great teaser.

Melanie said...

The first one is kind of sweet!

The MC certainly has an interesting name. I'm not even sure how to pronounce it.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Sounds very good! I am liking the cover as well. Hope you are enjoying it. I feel bad for the girl (guessing girl) as it sounds like she feels very used and unappreciated.

Alexia561 said...

Nice teaser! And you're right, the surprise of not knowing where the story will take you is half the fun when reading!

DMS said...

Your teasers are so interesting! I am definitely interested in this book. I like the cover, too. Glad to hear the pacing is good so far!
~Jess

Gina said...

Juju: Agreed...equally infuriating when you reach that point in the story.

Melanie: True...as for the pronuciation, I'm going phonetic. ^_^

Melissa: Yes, the MC is a girl...and oh-so-much more!

Alexia561: Yes! I've actually reached this point (and beyond) now and whew! Exciting, terrifying stuff is going on....

DMS: Agreed...the cover is definitely eye catching!

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader