Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Friday, November 30, 2018

Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, Book 2) by Neal Shusterman

Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2)Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My reading pace is much slower since Hurricane Michael knocked my life for a whirl (*grr*), but once I finished the online edition of SCYTHE (thanks to Riveted!), I simple HAD to get my hands on the sequel (thanks mom!).

It picks up not long after the first book ends, Citra is unwittingly making her mark in the scythedom (not a bad thing, if you ask me), while Rowan has gone rogue (with good reason!). They both have agendas of a sort they are working on, but nothing could truly prepare you for what's about to go down. It's not just the rumblings of uprise in the scythe community. It's not just the Thunderhead finding ways around its own rules to try and aide those it knows will have a big impact on humankind. It's not just the fate of Tyger, or the newly introduced Greyson (or is it Slayd?) that's gonna rock your world. Let's just say "ghosts" from the past are not quite finished with ANYONE just yet, the Thunderhead is FEELING a lot more these days, and the final outcome will simply take your breath away (which isn't too far off of what happens to...um, never mind).

It's exciting, thrilling, edge of your seat reading that YA lit fans will NOT want to miss. DO NOT SKIP BOOK ONE...not that you would, but in case you were thinking about it...just, NO. Happy reading!

View all my reviews

3 comments:

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

I love this series so much! I need the third book immediately. Great review!

Aj @ Read All The Things!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Glad that your feeling up to taking those baby steps, I've missed you.

Loving the cover of this. I'm sooo glad it turned out to be a good read. Definitely books to add to my wish list.... I'm intrigued by that little hint you left there RE: Taking breath away.

Alexia561 said...

So happy that you're able to dip your toes back into the review pond! I actually borrowed this one from the library but had to return it unread because I was greedy and borrowed too many books. :( Glad to hear that it's as good as the first one, so need to put my name back on the hold list. Thanks!

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader