Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Friday, November 18, 2022

REVIEW starring... Single with Cat by Rosa Silva


Today, we've got another title for you to take a chance on.  It came to my attention via the author, and I admit, the simple title made me curious.  I'm a dog person, myself, but that doesn't mean I don't like the other furry four-legged friends, and I had to see just what this story was all about...besides the obvious assumption.  So, if you're a reader that loves a story starring another reader, or bookstores, or second chances, or struggles to reach heartwarming goals, KEEP READING...I think I might have just the thing.



Single with Cat
by
Rosa Silva


About the book...
Can she save the Happy Endings Bookstore and have the happy ending she deserves?

Olivia is back in her hometown to reopen the bookstore her grandmother left her. She has a whole plan mapped out for the Happy Endings Bookstore. Just one problem – she finds out the bank is ready to foreclose on the bookstore’s mortgage.
Gabriel, the bank manager, is as drop dead gorgeous as he is grouchy. Olivia hates the guy, but her cat Chili seems to love him. Now Olivia has three months to save the bookstore and rub it in Gabriel’s face.

Olivia tries everything to save the bookstore, but with a quest to find out the identity of an anonymous romance writer, her mother wanting to find her a husband, and her grandmother’s grouchy neighbor making her life hell, Olivia has a lot on her plate.

The tension between Olivia and Gabriel escalates as the deadline to save the bookstore approaches, but as the two slowly begin to let their guard down, they might learn that sometimes stepping outside one's comfort zone can lead to the greatest reward.

Single with Cat is a feel-good romantic comedy perfect for readers who love cats, books, and happy endings.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I'm of two hearts with this one.  On one side, I loved the idea of the story, the bookish nature, the cat (how can you not love Chili?!), the mysterious history revealed, and the final outcome.  On the other side, I had an issue or two with the concept coming together.  Allow me to explain...


FIRST ALL THE LOVE...
...did I mention a bookish story with a bookish leading lady carrying bookish goals and a library-type cat reside within these pages?  Oh, and yeah, there's a chance for love...maybe...and secrets aplenty to be revealed both during the story AND at book's end (loved that little twisty tidbit!).  Her best friends are THERE for her, even when she's not actually there with them in person.  They are the kind of friends that support near and far, coming to the proverbial rescue at a moment's notice.  The parental figures are a split pair...dad is closer to Olivia than mom is...the elderly neighbor has a definite chip on her shoulder, but why isn't initially apparent...and the other neighbor may be easy on the eyes, but the attitude needs some serious adjustments.  But that's life, right?  Like a box of chocolates, you never know what...well, you get the quote...but that's what keeps it interesting, and Olivia isn't expecting perfection, rather a new beginning.  I love her goals, what she set out to accomplish, and her desire to never give up no matter the odds or obstacles set before her.


NOW THE BIT OF A QUESTION MARK...
...there were a few times that I felt like I missed something, where the plot seemed to jump forward, yet left me a few steps behind.  It wasn't so great as to diminish my overall enjoyment of the story, or make me want to stop reading it, but it was noticeable enough to remember it.  I was so caught up in everything that it was, I didn't want to see any fault points in it to bring it down, even the slightest.  I mean, I am totally team bookish-stories-for-bookish-readers, so the fact that this one had a bookish leading lady with a dream that was so heartfelt AND bookish at the same time, I simply wanted to revel in it all.  I reveled...but not as much as I wanted.


In the end, enjoyable, and certainly something I can see friends or family adding to their future reads list.  How about you?  You never know unless you try, and I mean how can you honestly not be curious about The Happy Endings Bookstore?



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


About author Rosa Silva...
I’m a self-confessed book nerd and tea drinker with a soft spot for cats. I live by the beach and share my home with (surprisingly) just one cat.  To find out more, check out my bio on my site, or connect with me on social media!






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Special thanks to author Rosa Silva for the ebook for review.  (THANKS!)   For more information on this title, the author, or her other works, feel free to click through the links provided above.  This title is available now, so click on over to your favorite online retailer to snag your copy today.

Until next time, remember...if it looks good, READ IT!




No comments:

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader