Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Taste Testing Tuesdays


Good morning (or whatever time it is where you are), everyone!
Welcome to another installment of Taste Testing Tuesdays here at Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers!  Taste Testing Tuesdays was inspired by 'Teaser Tuesdays', a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading
 
On the menu this week...THREE books in progress that are very different from each other.  Why three?  Well, the first I'm struggling with, the second was to help with the struggle and the third was one I started to read to Mom in the hospital in lieu of trying to get her up to speed on another one.  Ready for today's bookish smorgasbord?  Here we go!
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
 
Carrie drove, later that afternoon, out to Lakeview, pretending to be on department business, just to see for herself where Martinez had been killed.  Her eyes darted back and forth across the steadily trafficked street as it led toward I-10.
-- pg 117, 15 Seconds by Andrew Gross
 
Yeah, this is the one giving me trouble.  I'm all about suspending my beliefs and all that when reading but if it's set in present day and the events unfolding don't seem believable (in structure at least), it makes it a bit difficult.  We're still early on in the book so I'm keeping an open mind....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
They all stood still and waited for the onslaught of Security Force Elite to settle in and assess the environment.  More people dead, and all because of her mistakes.  Releasing a deep breath, Shamira's eyes turned in the direction of her father.  He wasn't smiling.  He was angry.
-- pg 64, The Pack:  Retribution by LM Preston
 
Now this one is just as action packed as the first book and definitely has me hooked.  What's going on at the Mons NOW?  Didn't they kill all the bad guys last time around?  What's with the weird cloacking devices and "disappearing" baddies?  So many questions....but you can count on Shamira to get to the bottom of things, one way or another.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The news they'd been waiting for arrived by courier.  He handed Kate a brown envelope and asked her to sign for it.  With trembling fingers, she ripped it open.
-- Chapter 4, location 320 of 1558, Timber Ridge Riders, book 3:  Riding for the Stars by Maggie Dana
 
What?  You didn't think I'd spoil the suspenseful moment now, did you?  Hehe.  It's another adventure at Timber Ridge, this time a stunt double role is up for grabs for one of the girls as well as the chance to make their dreams reality...depending on who you are.  This scene puts Kate on the cusp of finding out whether she'll get to do a screen test for the role.  *fingers crossed*  Oh and about that weird location listed....I'm reading this one on my smartphone Kindle app so it doesn't actually give a page number per se.  *grumble* 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Until next time....happy reading!
 
 

5 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Ooooooo all good. I can't decide which I like most. *pondering* Ok maybe the first one. It's very relateable. But the last one leaves us wanting more.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Ooo, I really like the sounds of The Pack! Hope you are enjoying it. Great teasers this week.

Vanessa said...

Great teasers! I think my favorite is the third one...

Tribute Books said...

Ooo, I'm reading "The Pack" as well. Great teaser choice!

The1stdaughter said...

Wow. Look at all of those teasers! I'm interested to see what you end up thinking of 15 Seconds. I was approached about it, but it's obviously not really a great fit for my site. I'm wondering if I might still like to read it in my down time. We'll see!

Enjoy all your reads!

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader