Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Monday, December 31, 2018

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

The Fault in Our StarsThe Fault in Our Stars by John Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I know there are naysayers that absolutely abhor this particular work, but I for one, LOVED IT. Perhaps it's because I fell in love with the movie first, and then read the work...I know, a big no no, but it just worked out that way...and the two were very much alike (a few changes here and there, but nothing too grossly out of sorts). Maybe it's because I like the uppity way these two teens battling the unseen enemy night and day manage to find something else entirely to put their focus on, reach towards, and fight for/about. Maybe it's how the author of Hazel's favorite work is truly an a** and despite her fondest desires to know the "more", he won't provide it. Could even possibly be how Augustus isn't perfect, but for Hazel, he tries to be, and yet the moments where he drops the façade and overacting is when she falls for him most. I don't know, I can't really pin it down, but I just LIKE it, and if you don't, no harm done...but if you haven't tried it yet, give it a whirl! It may just be your next favorite for no particular reason read too.
Okay? Okay. ;)

**purchased (again, thanks Hurricane Michael) for my own personal library

View all my reviews

No comments:

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader