Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Friday, August 17, 2018

Sometimes you just have to go with it... CRAZY WITH YOU by Sophia Peony!

Hi there!
Welcome back to Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers.

Today, we're joining forces with Primrose Passage to shine a spotlight on a new Contemporary Romance/Romantic Comedy novella from author Sophia Peony.  It's the second release in the Spotlight series, the first being Love in the Spotlight, and from my own time between the pages...it had spark, it had snark, and it definitely held potential, but I'll get to that in a sec.  Ready or not, get ready to meet today's ebook of choice...


Spotlight series, Book 2
by
Sophia Peony

About the book....
What’s an assistant to do when her boss…
…is famous,
…has a fame hungry ex-wife,
…has a crazy fan,
…and drives her just a little crazy? 

Definitely not put up with him.
Definitely not fall for his charms.
And most definitely not fall in love with him. 

Kira and Reid have been tip toeing around their feelings for years and now, they’re about to find out just how crazy they are for each other.

Novella: Contains strong language and sexual content. Reader’s discretion is advised.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Alright, so here's the thing...
I'm wasn't in love with this one, but I didn't exactly dislike it either. Hang on, I shall explain...

Image result for woman and man silhouette

The story we follow the majority of the time was slowish, but enjoyable...she becomes his personal assistant while a spark develops and is fed over time leading to a great big HAZZAH moment (with many laughs along the way) and then just when everything seems to potentially be going the way one thinks it would go (even if a bit fast, but hey...it is the movie biz!)....BOOM....blindsided by something COMPLETELY different...and that's where my hang up comes in.  

The latter storyline introduced that seemed to be an afterthought, yet could have played a bigger role, if given the chance to develop or introduced somewhat earlier in the story, hit me completely out of nowhere.  I mean I wasn't looking for THAT type of story, I was perfectly content with how things were going with all the snark and flirtations, even the faster than the speed of light HEA that came at you like a train in the dark, but it just seemed like unnecessary drama to bring about at book's end.  Why now...why this story...why not give it a life of its own or integrate it in so both could flow throughout the pages?  That's the one thing with short stories, sometimes there are more ideas, more potential to explore than pages promised.

Image result for yes and no

All in all, it wasn't bad, it just wasn't as over the top as I had wished it would be.  The truth of the matter is BOTH story lines were worth persuing; I just wish they had both been given time to grow and achieve their full potential.  Recommended read more for Contemporary Romance fans that like a bit of humor and a dash of the unexpected in their reading.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


About author Sophia Peony...


In 6th grade I wanted to be a singer. In high school I wanted to be a lawyer, an astronaut and then a house wife when I thought I was going to marry my high school sweetheart. Then I wanted to be a pilot but found out I was too short to fly. So I decided to become a photographer. When that didn't work out, I decided to be a writer.


AMAZON  |  TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Special thanks to the Primrose Passage team for the ebook for review.  (THANKS!)  For more information on this title, the series, or the author, feel free to click through the links provided above.  This title is available now, so click on over to your favorite online retailer to snag your copy today!

Until next time, remember...if it looks good, READ IT!

No comments:

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader