Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Monday, October 31, 2022

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW starring... Wake the Bones by Elizabeth Kilcoyne

Wake the BonesWake the Bones by Elizabeth Kilcoyne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm newer to audiobooks, but I was building a few bookcases this Halloween, and wanted to listen to something SCARY while I worked. A search on my Libby app for Halloween titles, and this popped up as a suggestion. Sounded interesting, and so my listening journey began...

I can honestly say, I don't generally finish a novel in a sitting. It's not that I don't want to , but I usually get interrupted so many times, it breaks my concentration. Listening to this one though, I was akin to "whistling while you work"; I could get what else I need done, while enjoying the story...and what a story it was! We start in a small town where most youth dream of escape to other parts. The group of friends we tag along with are not different for the most part, and all for various reasons...but that's where the small town mindset stops. Strange things are occurring around the town, and it all seems to have started once our leading lady came back. Coincidence? I think not...and am proven right as things progress...but the who (or what) and why are murky, still needing time to be uncovered before it's too late. Too late for whom? Ah, now that is a tricky question with a slippery answer...but you'll have to read (or listen to) it to find out.

Watch for the AH HA moments throughout the story, and the twists and turns that lead up to a remarkable ending. I admit to thinking I missed something closer to the end, but then THAT was cleared up...even if the results were a bit on the spooky side!

View all my reviews



No comments:

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader