Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Monday, June 14, 2010

In My Shopping Bag (33)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.
Through her guidelines, your post does not actually have to be named the same and thus my post shall be..."In My Shopping Bag".  (just fits with the "foodie" theme a bit better in my humble opinion)
Let's take a peek inside my shopping bag from this past week....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For Review
 
Karma Bites by Stacey Kramer and Valerie Thomas (ARC)
Can't wait to start this one....the cover alone makes me wonder, what is in that box?!



 
A Big, Big Dream by Michael Scott Roberts
(courtesy of Paula at Author Marketing Experts and the author)
Confession...read it as soon as it came in.  Review to come soon....



 
Death Echo by Elizabeth Lowell
(courtesy of Danielle at HarperCollins Publishers)
This was an unexpected surprise...but it does sound good!



Her Mother's Diary by David Curry Kahn
(courtesy of Paula at Author Marketing Experts)
Sounds like a hard hitting story....we shall see...



How Did You Get This Number by Sloane Crosley (ARC)
(courtesy of Lydia at G.P. Putnam's Sons / Riverhead)
This should be fairly interesting if the cover and title are any indication...



Seth Baumgartner's Love Manifesto by Eric Luper
(courtesy of HarperTeen)
Another unexpected package but it too sounds intriguing....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Won

The Host by Stephenie Meyer
(won via contest from Nicole at My Book Views)
YAY!  I loved the Twilight series (as if you didn't know), so this holds promise....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Received


The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
(from Nayuleska at Nayu's Reading Corner)
Now what kind of self-respecting Twilight fan would I be if I DIDN'T pick up a copy of this one?  Really, how can you resist!



One of Us by Peggy Moss
(from Sarah at Tilbury House)
This beautiful finished copy of the book is simply wonderful and may I say I LOVE the bookmark and pin as well!



The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith
(from Nayuleska at Nayu's Reading Corner)
OMG!  It's here!  I still have the original three books set from back in the day, but being a true fan of the trilogy I simply HAD to get a copy of the new omnibus type edition.  Still prefer the original covers, but the story is what counts.....and Julian totally rocks the bad boy/villian-type part.
*daydream*



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


That's all for now!
Quite a week my by standards....the mail person, FedEx, and UPS people must have LOVED (perhaps loathed) me!
What did you get this week?  Do tell!

Until next time....happy reading!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Lost of great books you got there!! The Host was very good! Enjoy! :D

Kris said...

Great mailbox....I haven't gotten the Second Short Life yet *cry* I'm having a Twilight Fan fail moment LOL!

You got some fun looking ones!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Yah the Host! I loved it. I gotta buy Bree :)

Gina said...

Melanie: So I've heard! Thanks for the recommendation!

Kris: Oh, you have to get it, suppose to be very good...fan fail moment here too, can you believe I haven't READ it yet? (GASP!) Have to rectify that soon...

Juju: Yes, yes you do. ^_^

Julie P said...

Wow! That is a lot of great books!!

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader