Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Thursday, June 3, 2010

R.I.P. - Winston





Today I am observing a day of blog silence in honor of my sweet little man, Winston.  During the very early hours of the morning on this day, Thursday, June 3rd, 2010, my sweet Winnie boy passed away.  For those of you that read my blog often, you know how much I love my fuzzy kids.  Winston joined our family in 2001 at the age of 8.  He lived a full life, though not nearly long enough by my standards, and could bring a smile to the face of anyone he met.  His favorite toy...a stuffed purple dinosaur, one of the first he finally learned not to tear apart but to play with.  His favorite past time...running around like a crazy dog with his big sis Brittney, you'd have never guessed his age when they were at play.  His passing has created a pain in my heart I've yet to feel as the tears fall in an endless stream, but his memory will not fade and his presence will remain in my heart always.

I would like to ask each of you reading this today two things.  One....if you have a little fuzzy one, give them a great big hug and a treat while you're at it.  Second....if you have a moment in your day to simply click on a button and make a free donation to help animals in need, I've listed two great organizations below that offer just that.  There's no catch....it's just a way to give back to the community and help those little ones still seeking a forever home.  My Winston came to us from a local shelter and the joy and love he brought to our lives was limitless.

FreeKibble.com       The Animal Rescue Site
                                          


Thank you.

21 comments:

The1stdaughter said...

Oh no! Gina, I'm so so sorry! I was wondering where you were this morning. You will definitely be in my prayers today and I hope it will help to ease your suffering. Much love! <3

Tales of Whimsy said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh
*sniffle*
My furry babies are adopted too.
*hugs*
I am so very sorry for your loss.

Have you read Elsewhere by Garbrielle Zevin? It's not fantastic but it's definitely something I think might bring you peace during this painful time.

Teresa said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. I will give my furkid Sadie a big hug for you when I get home.

Amy (ArtsyBookishGal) said...

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of Winston! He's a beautiful dog. May your other furry children comfort you during this time.

Amy, mother of two fur children and 1 feather child

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

I am so sorry for your loss of your furry friend Winston. Animals hold a very special place in my heart...I hate seeing them sad or abused or hurt or anything but happy and loved. I've lost a cat and a dog in the past, as well as hamsters that I loved just as much so I can definitely empathize. Please know you and Winston, as well as your family and other furry friends are in my thoughts.
I will definitely be giving my two furry loves big hugs when I get home tonight.

The1stdaughter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The1stdaughter said...

Free Kibble Site

Sissa said...

I'm so sorry for your loss *hugs*

CHRISTIE said...

I’m so sorry :( ((Hugs)) for you and your family during this difficult time.

Natalie said...

Aww...I'm so sorry! It's never easy to lose a pet. They're such a huge part of the family!

fredamans said...

Sending condolences and (((HUGS)))

Christina / Book Addict said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is. My dog is a rescue dog/adopted as well. They become your best friends. I'm so sorry! :(

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to learn of your loss, Gina. It's hard when we lose our furkids. They find a home in our hearts and leave a hole there when they leave.

Sending you a hug.

Alexia561 said...

So very, very sorry to hear about Winston. It's incredibly hard to lose one of our furbabies, so will keep you and your family in my prayers. *hugs*

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! Losing a furbaby is so hard. I'll be keeping you in my prayers!

Amy said...

I am so, so sorry to hear this. Words will never be enough to make up for the hole in your heart, but to know that you played a part in bettering another living being's life is immeasurable. My condolences, and my thanks. My little furry one received an extra hug today because of you.

Julie P said...

So sorry for your loss--you did a wonderful job expressing your feelings in writing. (((hugs)))

Gina said...

Thanks guys for all your warm thoughts, prayers and support. Both my family and I appreciate it very much during this crazy time. You are all 'the best' in my book.

Tribute Books said...

Dear Gina,

I am so very sorry. Nothing quite hurts like losing a pet. I lost my 15-year-old Shih-Tzu last year. You are so right - for those of you out there with pets, cherish every day with them. Their lives aren't as long as most of ours, but they fill each moment with unconditional love.

With deepest sympathy,
Nicole

Charlene Ann Baumbich said...

I just saw this today! Kornflake and I send you comfort. It's such a difficult thing to lose one we love ... XO

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Just catching up. So very sorry to read of your loss - my thoughts are with you. x

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader